Loading Problem

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
wilko

Loading Problem

Post by wilko »

Hi
Forgive me if this has been discussed before. I have recently discovered that a number of potential clients are having problems getting our site to load:
www.maspomona.com
I would be most grateful if any of you could advise me on how to solve this. It has been suggested to me that renting space with another ISP might help. At present I am with Wanadoo, who don't appear to be switched on in any sense. Any suggestions would be very welcome, but please keep it simple, if possible.
Thanks
Wilko
paolo

Post by paolo »

It doesn't load for me and the fact that others report this would make me switch host for the website.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I couldn't access your site through the link, it just defaulted to a wanadoo search page and when I did a search on google, the site exists but is not found. I'm afraid I am not a techie, but shouldn't you try a new host (not sure if you actually have one)? Mine is www.ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk for about £20 per year they host your site and make sure it gets found and is always up and running. You might find some useful info on other threads, for example:
viewtopic.php?t=1357
mvus

Post by mvus »

Tried it on my Apple Mac and it loads fine with Firefox, Safari, Opera and the old obsolete explorer although at first there was a good few seconds delay

I had this issue happen once with a clients website where they could access their site in the UK but not when they came over to Spain on their laptop even though the site was loading fine on my computer but I was never able to get to the bottom of why it happened at the time. I was given the following suggestions:

"Can you get them to shut down that Norton software and see if you're able to visit the sites? Often this software isn't compatible with the shared-IP setup of VPS systems"

"A few things to try would be disabling the Windows XP firewall, disable Norton Internet Security, and try it again - these things are normally OK to leave on, but it's worth disabling them to see if it's the cause of the problem."

" Can you get the ip address for their computer so we can check to see if it has been blocked? I suspect their ip address may have been blocked for abuse. Also could get get them to run a traceroute? Have them open a command prompt and type in tracert yourwebsite.com and send us the results of that traceroute test."

However, if several people are saying the same thing it sounds like a hosting problem but you need to be checking the site at the same time they say it is not working to know if the server is down or if it's a problem with individual computers
A-two

Post by A-two »

The maspoma site is not resolving at all for me using IE. Sometimes I'm not sure where the problem arises as I do have problems with European sites generally at certain times of day, even this forum at LMH.

There are bottlenecks across the Atlantic from time to time, no doubt about it. Also, I suspect that many EU sites do maintenance overnight, which is actually early evening here, resulting in interrupted service. I have noticed one of the worst times is Sunday evening, which is a time when many Americans are online and heavy useage for the US ISPS, say between 1am-5am UK time, which is 4pm-10pm, or 7pm - midnight US time, depending on the US time zone (we have three hours between east and west coast). It's not uncommon for me not to able to get into this forum at all, yet have no problems with US based sites at the same time. Strange.
Waves from America
wilko

Loading Problem

Post by wilko »

Hi
Thankyou very much for your comments. Hope to sort it this weekend.
Rgds Wilko
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I'm in Uk,using I.E on broadband and it just timed out,I didn't get to see anything :cry:
wilko

loading problem

Post by wilko »

Hi again

I think we have now solved the problem but could you see if it loads now and let me know. We took your advice and got hosts so hopefully it works
Thank you v. much for all your help and patience.
PS When I say "we" I mean the guru.
Best wishes Wilko
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Wilco,

Using IE, Netscape or Firefox the answer is the same. It loads straight away, no problem.

Alan
Ju

Post by Ju »

Loaded straight away on firefox with no problems.

Ju
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Loaded straight away this time,congratulations :o
wilko

loading problem

Post by wilko »

Thanks a lot for checking for me!
Regards Wilko
wilko

Post by wilko »

Hello again
Everything seem to be working perfectly now with www.maspomona.com
Thanks for all your help.
At present it is hosted by atoz places which provides data about site visits. I would be most grateful if you could explain a couple of things, in fact any help with the analysis of the numbers would be most helpful.
For instance what is the significance of "unique visitors", "number of visits" and "hits"?
On "pages URL top 25" there is "viewed" and "average size" in Kbs. If 50 people visit a page and 5 people visit another the number of KBs might be very similar, what does this mean.
I would be really grateful for any input or relevant threads.
Thnaks in anticipation
Wilko
PS Snow gone yet Paolo?