Le Grand Saule Website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Andu54

Le Grand Saule Website

Post by Andu54 »

We have been going since mid 2008, but I am really not computer / website literate - more challenged than literate, very challenged! So would appreciate feedback on our website before I make more changes.

many thanks

Anji
www.legrandsaule.co.uk
Life is what you make of it!
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Hi Anji,

It seems to me that you have lots of info about the rooms and surrounding area and good photos on the accomodation page, so top marks on content.

I would like to see bigger photos and more of them on the first page maybe replacing the flower with a good photo of your property. Also the text is too small and "skinny", maybe you could use a different font or put it in bold.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Top marks on your guest reviews, I would book based on them alone. I really must do it myself, but first I would have to get the reviews!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Not the most stylish of websites but packed full of information and good pictures - the review page works well. I often wonder if a site that looks a bit 'home-made' (I'm not trying to be offensive) doesn't actually suceed in conveying a warmer and more welcoming feel than a sophisticated but clinical product and gives a more accurate impresssion of the people behind the project. Certainly, I wouldn't hesitate to book with Anji and Keith on the evidence of this site and I'd be pretty sure of having a good time at their place.

I don't like the gloomy header with its retirement home font or the overall pale lilac colour of the site. A warmer colour might be more appropriate for holidays and the front page cries out to have that space around the lead picture filled with a bigger (and better) photograph. But otherwise, if it ain't broke ...

Jim
lorca

Post by lorca »

I agree with the the above. It does the business for me and your place looks great.

Definitely more pics on the home page and I´m afraid I find the heading font rather creepy - a bit Addams Family.
CSE

Post by CSE »

lorca wrote:
Definitely more pics on the home page and I´m afraid I find the heading font rather creepy - a bit Addams Family.
Me 2 Image

I would also suggest you change the tile to the link "Property for sale" as, for me at least, it looks as if you are selling your property. That would put me off booking.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Great place, great content, but like others I'm not quite so keen on the style.

To ve specific about a couple of things the mixture of fonts doesn't do it for me and the text is bleeding out over the borders in loads of places so

FAMILY ROOM IDEAL FOR A FAMILY OF FIVE!!!

is eating into the header and in your right hand side bar the word "lounge" is even over the border completely. These things make it look slapdash and you property obviously isn't.

Seems to me that your web site needs to reflect the care you have put into the property itself, and it doesn't quite do that yet.

Also as you have your own domain why are you using an sfr email address?
superpp

Post by superpp »

the purple flower comes across a bit gloomy to me, and the font isn't nice.

all the basics are there though so work on the presentation when you get the chance.