Tools for Managing Listing Details

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
kevincohr

Tools for Managing Listing Details

Post by kevincohr »

I find it very to keep track of the details of my listings on the various rental sites.

Does anyone have any tools or tips for managing details such as login/ passwords, pricing, property descriptions etc ?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

yeah, write them down and and keep them in a safe place. That's the simplest option.
gh

Post by gh »

Hi Kevin,

We use the same password and login for each site and keep a copy of descriptions together with each sites pricing on a separate file within the pc. Pricing is important especially if it's a telephone enquiry which we do get, you should quote the listed price of the relavent site.
We list on annual and percentage site's and it is easier for us to refer to our file quickly in such cases.
If this is not possible recommend pauls suggestion.

Hope this is of use.

Regards
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Am I being deeply naive if I thougth that the description and pricing of one's gite offering would be the same on every listing site?

Amateur gite-owner-to-be gathering information.

Thanks,

Lou
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Maybe Helen means what each site charges for advertising..maybe?

By the way ..I do too..keep a list of each site we're with together will relevant details. Mind you this year I'm doing away with at least 3 paying sites I'm currently with that haven't 'performed'.
gh

Post by gh »

Loopy Lou wrote:Am I being deeply naive if I thougth that the description and pricing of one's gite offering would be the same on every listing site?

Amateur gite-owner-to-be gathering information.

Thanks,

Lou
Hi Lou,

Yes there are all priced the same with the exception of one listed on a site that charge us 10% of the rental cost for any booking, not an annual fee for listing, therefore the prices on that site are 10% more than the others.

Hope that is a bit clearer, descriptions are identical on each site.

Speaking of site's I seem to get more enquiries through sites that offer space for more pictures.

Anyone else have this opinion?

Regards