Timid request for a website review!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Nomad

Timid request for a website review!

Post by Nomad »

Hello

I would really appreciate someone taking a look at our website. I am very keen to increase the bookings a lot this year as we are moving out to France full time in June and this will be our income!

All comments will be welcomed and I will happily look at other sites in exchange.

www.vacancestranquille.com

Thank you :roll:
Best wishes

Frances
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I've just had a look, and while I'm no expert, It looks great to me.
I love the glimpse of work going on! It has a very friendly feel to it.
The site was easy to use and the photos are lovely.
My only very picky, critisism would be that I don't like the word "optimised". I would rather visit a house that "comfortably sleeps" than one that has been "optimised".
That's just me though, it certainly wouldn't put me off booking.
I'm sure you will have great success with such lovely houses.
Nomad

Thank you

Post by Nomad »

Thank you for your comments. I agree about 'optimised' and must have been having a bad day when I wrote that!

Best wishes
Best wishes

Frances
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi.I looked at the availability and it was saying that bookings were well under way for 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: Maybe that sentence needs changing :roll:
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Hi,

Generally I think it's a very nice site. However.... I hate flash intro's, and I think it's quite the wrong image for a "personal" enterprise. Also, for some reason the heading "Our beautiful Cottages..." on the "About Us" page has it's top and bottom cut off on my screen.
Chalky

Ciaram

Post by Ciaram »

It's cut off on my screen also.

I really liked the site. I wondered though in the beginning if it is worth mentioning that you have 4 /5 houses as otherwise it could be a bit confusing by just looking at the pictures.

I'm not sure you should include the pictures of the development of the Chambre d'hote. My concern would be that I'd turn up and the builders would still be there.

Overall looks great. Would definately appeal to me.

I agree about the intro page though - I don't like these, especially when I'm surfing.

Good luck with the move.
ck

Post by ck »

Had a brief look. Lose the flash intro. The alignment of the menus on left the top one is out of line. Also noticed the text "cropped" in the title. I'm using Firefox so I don't know if the issues above are relevant to IE. Overall quite pleasing to the eye (apart from the intro!)
Best of luck for the future.
ck
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

ck,
The alignment of the menus on left the top one is out of line
I thought that at first, but it's actually not that simple - when you click to go to a particular page, it's title moves to the right, so you know what page you're on.

It's a nice touch, IF you realise that's what is happening, but most viewers will think what you thought.
Chalky