yourholidaymatters.....what happened?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
KathyG

yourholidaymatters.....what happened?

Post by KathyG »

As a fairly new member, and a fairly new addict! I avidly followed the 10 pages of posts re the proposed new rental site only to find it ended very abruptly!

I presume that most people who had been active on that forum were privately e-mailed with a new private place to carry on discussion - this is not a problem but I was rather irritated to come to such a dead end!

Could you at least explain what's happening???
Progress report???

Kathy
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Kathy,

Discussion of Your Holiday Matters was moved to a different place and access is limited to what was decided to be a reasonable cut-off date - Lay My Hat members prior to 2006.

It is moving along and Lay My Hat users who join after 2005 will of course get first peak of anything that comes out of it.

Watch this space!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Thank you Paolo - so that's 809 out of 858 people who do have access - not fair (stamping foot!) just missed the boat there then didn't I!

Hope it's all going well, look forward to seeing the new site!

Kathy
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Kathy,

I think it would be fair to say that a line had to be drawn in the sand. It's not so much creating a "closed shop" as needing to "get on with it".

Of the 858 members of LMH only a small nucleus are active members – just look at the list of members sorted on numbers of posting.

Inevitably some people will be disappointed by not being involved but, as Paolo says, “watch this space�.

Alan
jess

Post by jess »

I'm interested as well, but as our VR isn't built yet, I don't feel I have a right to kibbitz...
jess