Data

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
wilko

Data

Post by wilko »

Hello again
Everything seem to be working perfectly now with www.maspomona.com
Thanks for all your help.
At present it is hosted by atoz places which provides data about site visits. I would be most grateful if you could explain a couple of things, in fact any help with the analysis of the numbers would be most helpful.
For instance what is the significance of "unique visitors", "number of visits" and "hits"?
On "pages URL top 25" there is "viewed" and "average size" in Kbs. If 50 people visit a page and 5 people visit another the number of KBs might be very similar, what does this mean.
I would be really grateful for any input or relevant threads.
Thnaks in anticipation
Wilko
paolo

Post by paolo »

Some discussion here:
viewtopic.php?t=348

Significance of hits is not very much - every file called up to show one of your pages counts as a hit, so pics and logos each are 1 hit.

Unique visitors is a better measure of how many visitors you are getting. If a visitor comes 10 times, they are only counted once.
If 50 people visit a page and 5 people visit another the number of KBs might be very similar, what does this mean
Sounds like you have more/bigger pictures on the second page. The Kbs are how much data has been transferred to visitors to the page.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
wilko

Post by wilko »

Paolo
Thanks for that and the thread.
Rgds
Wilko
www.maspomona.com