Leedslet - Serviced Apartments Leeds

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
tandrash

Post by tandrash »

This site has been up and running for 2 years and I am very pleased with the Google page rankings as I now appear in the top 10 of all my keyword search terms. However, I feel the site is a little dull and would welcome any suggestions. I notice that many sites these days make better use of space using tabs and image scroll bars. I might give this a go but am concerned that it would affect my page rankings.

The apartment attracts a mixture of business and leisure clients who stay from 1 night to several weeks.

Many Thanks
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Hi
Looks good but yes a wee bit dull. You could change the letter type and break up the text adding some sub titles.
It reads rather awkwardly as there is a lot of repetition probably for SEO purposes but I think you could safely take out a few "serviced apartment in Leeds" without too much concern.
The photos all look good but maybe you could enlarge a few of them on the first page.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Needs careful proofreading.

i.e. capitalise leeds

Get rid of grocers' apostrophes (when its is possessive it doesn't need an apostrophe).

Dunk the split infinitives.

Don't end a sentence with into.

When plural, shove the apostrophe after the s, so nights' not night's.

etc.

MG
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Those pesky postrofs. I always have to check out my secret weapon How To Use An Apostrophe. Not a very promising title, I agree.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Apostrophes' can be confusing, to the uninitiated, Rab, its a well-known fact.

A Dutch friends site is littered with them, although I think someone mentioned they don't exist in the Dutch language.

MG
tandrash

Post by tandrash »

Thanks for all of these suggestions which i have taken on board.

Serviced Apartments Leeds

Serviced Apartments UK
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

I take it you meant "A Dutch friend's site", MG! And "Apostrophes can be confusing". Sorry!

In Dutch, the apostrophe:
1) shows that a a letter has been omitted
2) may occur before a plural 's' in certain types of nouns.
Can be seen: here - for any grammar fanatics. In any case, not for plurals!
superpp

Post by superpp »

I think you need to keep the top menu frozen to the top.
It disappears as soon you scroll down.

Think you should choose a colour scheme too.
lorca

Post by lorca »

I really think you must get all the copy proof-read. There are many typos, spelling mistakes, missing words and examples of poor grammar. This gives an unprofessional impression which is a shame as it could lead people to suspect the professionalism of your service and properties.
stork

Post by stork »

1) As it opens on my computer (13.3" portable Mac), the typeface is uncomfortably small (I am 43). I can resize, but not everybody knows or bothers.

2) This is not made better by the colour scheme - there is not very much contract between the blue background and the letters (are they black or dark grey?)

3) Your colour scheme is also similar to that of Laterooms.com - when I click a link to see details on what looks like a listing site, I do not expect to be taken to another site - if your colours were different it would be more obvious what happened