The 2010 award for the most least appealing booking

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

By contrast to MG's offering, just got this enquiry from someone in the States:

Arrival Date: Jul 31, 2011
Departure Date: Aug 14, 2011
# of Nights: 14
# in Party: 10 (4 adults, 6 children)

Comments: Hi. we are two couples, each with three young, lovely, well-behaved girls (ages 8-13--sleeping two or three to a room easily) looking for a place to spend a leisurely two weeks near the beginning of august. Your place looks wonderful. Is it available? we would be excellent tenants-- no smoking, no animals, and nothing would get broken, but there would be squeals of laughter as the children play in the pool. Let me know. thank you. Merci.
----------------------------------------------------

I suspect this went out to a bundle of owners without thorough research of each ad as our availability calendar shows we're booked for those dates, we also state a Thursday changeover for the summer (he is suggesting Sunday,) and a max of 8 + baby.

He clearly went to charm school though! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
bentisdall

Clean & well organised...

Post by bentisdall »

I got this enquiry

'Hi!We are a very clean and organized family, our children are well behaved and considerate of others property. We'll leave your apartment as immaculate as we found it. Thank you for your attention.Sincerely,Juliana'

Couldn't help thinking that our family (2 boys aged 12 & 13) is nothing like Juliana's

But in terms of ridiculous enquiries I have this French woman at the moment who is almost insisting on booking our french house from 24 dec - 31 dec however many times I tell her that the dates available are 19-26 dec or 26 dec-2 Jan