please review my website www.canaules.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
caoimhe

Post by caoimhe »

many thanks
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Well I am not an expert, but .... (and much of my criticism could be applied to my own photos etc)

Your punctuation could do with some work - no spaces before full stops in English at any rate.

Why are the shutters all shut in your photos, and your video? The beginning of the video is a bit of a bumpy ride.

The swimming pool looks like it is being filled up and there appears to be an unidentifiable green thing in it. The area round the pool looks a bit stark. Might it be possible to have some plants in pots of something.

You talk about large apartments but they are all two bedrooms, which I wouldn't consider to be large.

In your video you seem to be showing the same twin room again and again. I might be missing something though.

Are all the apartments decorated the same? No, I have answered my own question.

In the English version I couldn't open the apartment page, but I could in the French version but it was in English.

I am using Safari on a mac and on the apartments page the prices and availability boxes cover the last line of text for apt 1

On your prices page Apt 7 is top of the list - not that that is very serious!

Could you reverse the order of your visitors book? It seems a shame to have your first review talking about a problem even if it says you resolved it.

On your photos could you add captions explaining what is going on? Very interesting, but not always clear what is happening.

Sorry this looks like a hideous list, but I think they are really only niggles. I haven't had time to go through everything, but it looks like a great place, and after your heroic restoration you deserve every
CSE

Post by CSE »

I am only going to concentrate on the negatives as I think that what request for reviews are looking for. There area lot of things I do like about the website despite what I write below.
I personally do not like the way another page in another website opens when I look at prices and availability. There is little information about where I am on these pages. Some punters maybe put off because there is no other information.
Also it is difficult to get from one apartment to another if I find the one I chose booked up. I would recommended that prices and availability for all rentals are some how linked. I know there is a link at the bottom of the details pages but not in the availability or the prices ones.
I also find it hard to get from one page to another, as the LH menu is not on all the pages.
I am assuming that some things are shared (like the pool and car parking etc). If so make these things clear on your website.
There is no Google site map.
You state you have an enclosed pool, but the photos show it to be in the open. I assume you mean a private or secluded pool?
The flowing link shows there are quite a number of HTML errors on the first page.
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 ... index.html
There does not seem to be any alt text for photos.
Do you own the vineyard you link too as well? I am impressed if you do.

Ok some plus points that really stand out. There is a lot of information on the website. I could easily get lost inside it for hours I was coming your way. I love the maps and the way you have illustrated where you are in France. The sat nav. things are great idea.

BTW Jacques Brel was a Belgium national whose mother tongue was Flemish (Dutch).
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.