yet another new member seeks your comments

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
martin2

yet another new member seeks your comments

Post by martin2 »

please take some time out to review my website www,brittany-villas.net and tell me what you think , what works and what doesnt and also what you think it needs to make it have that wow factor we all strive for.

I know the pictures are a bit bland but they were taken in Oct 05 following a 6mth renovation and will be altered early next year when the weather is better - trust me!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Martin,
I think there is too much writing on the first page and not enough photos. On first glance I wouldn't look much further. Also spelling mistake sattelite should be satellite. Whan you get over to take some more photos, you need a lot of flowers on the outside and make the inside more lived in (see Clexane's website, he did some lovely internal shots of his villa). The photo's on the 'where to go page' of the horses are very blurred. I would prefer to see the dimensions of the pool in metres rather than feet (most websites do this). Also some sunloungers and parasols are required around the pool for the photos.
Anyway, those are the things that need improving. I think your place sounds great and still think that it is underpriced for peak season (I am a competitor in the same region).
Also an aside point - I didn't quite understand about the pool alarm - it doesn't look to me as if your fencing meets the requirements of the French law on swimming pool safety, so there should be no choice offered in supplying an alarm, it should be obligatory.
gh

Post by gh »

I think the electronic wrist bands are a type of belt and braces back up to conforming installed fence, abri, cover or pool alarm, turtle may be the name of them. The child wears them when finished swimming, should they accidentialy manage to fall back into the pool they would go off. Agree though the fence may not conform.
However, I'm no expert and mine opinion is my own.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Martin,

Are you planning to advertise several properties, or just the one? If just one, I don't feel that emphasizing "Brittany Villas.net" does you any favours, as it could be taken for a rental listings site instead of a personal web site.
Chalky

Ciaram

Post by Ciaram »

I agree with the comments above and think you really need some plants etc. around the front of the house and pool. Also on my screen the Where to Go page doesn't fit on one page and I find it very annoying scrolling across. Although the pictures of the areas are very attractive.

Overall it's a really nice site. Just need to split up the text on the home page into seperate sections as there is too much on one page and the small text is a little hard on the eyes.

Good luck.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi, Martin 2 .I have broadband but the photos took a long time to load- I might have given up if I had other places to view!!! You seem to have a lovely house,nicely decorated- good luck with it :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
martin2

Post by martin2 »

All of the comments taken on board thankyou - fence and self closing locking gate does conform had local mairie out to check and turtles are as alreay mentioned a back up.

Pictures will be softened when weather gets better and i know they slow to load but am updating website so watch this space.

Mind you 11 weeks booked in 8 weeks advertising so now happy
gh

Post by gh »

Good to hear you doing well with your bookings Martin :D

Regards
Helen
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Hi Martin

Another typo on your Where to go page - monestary instead of monastery. Also the link to that page - should it begin with a capital letter? Sorry, this sounds a bit nit-picking, but it detracts from the professional look of the site.

Can you make it so the navigation menu sits in the same place in the same format on each page.

Some of the pages are much too wide on my screen and I have to scroll sideways - something I think is best avoided. I don't mind scrolling up and down - theres a wheel on the mouse for that - but sideways is a nuisance, doubly so when the text disappears off the edge of the screen. You may have a bigger screen and higher resolution than me so it could look okay to you - but I think most pro sites are set up for 800 pixel width.

The place looks lovely, by the way!
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.