A little help please!

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Paul Carmel

A little help please!

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi,

All of a sudden our home page is loading extremely slowly, and the banner and buttons take forever to appear. When you go onto other pages they all load as normal, but if you go back to the home page or refresh it it still takes forever for the buttons and banner to download. Up until yesterday there was no problem with this, and we haven't done anything that we can think of to change things. The site was built on Net Objects Fusion 8. Does anyone please have any suggestions as to why this is happening, and what we can do about it?
Cheers
PC
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul,

You are so right, particularly the left hand navigation strip.

I would imagine it's your hosting server which can't cope with the load on it. Maybe you should consider moving to another host?

Alan
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

That page is rather heavy with images. Probably around 250kb in total. And roll over type menus can be quite slow.

Is it possible that you've emptied your cache, and are seeing it "real time" for the first time in a while ? The subsequent pages load more possibly because the menu is already in the cache.

But the first page is slow for me, even on 2mb ADSL.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

None of the above.......It's a softwear problem with that sodding little hit counter, It basically corrupted the home page! And the people who supply it are linked into the web building package ( Net Objects Fusion ) and there sites have been down all day :twisted:

I have been on NOF forum all day and its happening to loads of people all over the world.

The basic problem is lots of information on how to add the counter, but absolutely F**K all on how to get rid of it :twisted:

I feel 10 years older after the best part of 10 hours wasted in front of this screen......as you can see punctuation is out of the window, and as for the spelling.......I just don't have the NRJ.

Tomorrow's another day, but for now it's G&T number 5 and keep the buggers coming!

Sorry rant over
Cheers
PC
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Alan, If you are looking in, how does it look now?
Cheers
PC
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul Carmel wrote:Alan, If you are looking in, how does it look now?
It's not greased lightening but it's much, much quicker. That’s in IE, Netscape and Firefox.

Alan
gh

Post by gh »

Hi Paul,

Just looked, came up instantanly on IE 2mb ADSL. Looking great. :)
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thanks for taking the time folks.........
Cheers
PC
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Had to take a look :wink: It looks fab and loaded instantly :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com