HELP! Still no bookings!!! heres a challenge...

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
LaTour Gites

Post by LaTour Gites »

thank you Paolo, I have VRBO and gites.nl then a bunch of local freebies. Now probably pay to have a website made too? Its still worth it, I love sharing this place with people! Im sooo waiting for spring so I can get some nice exterior photos, and have been looking up advice of good webpage builders, this forum is giving me not only good advice, but a good energy boost to do better!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Hi LatourG

I agree with all the other comments - if you want Brits, Owners Direct is a trusted site and not expensive. HR is the other one to consider.

Your website really does need some work - cracking pictures will sell themselves and your property. More detail in the descriptions will interest people and make them want to know more - just don't overwhelm the site with data, the main points will suffice.

I find Dateblocker is an easy-to-use free calender add-on:

http://www.dateblocker.com/

Best of luck

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Suggest you do a free www.independentowners.com website for the time being. We have used this for several years with good results. Very easy to build/use.

Only problem for you is that Dutch is not one of the language options.

I certainly think you need to spend more on paid advertising sites.
nijntje

Post by nijntje »

LaTour Gites wrote:Thanks Inge! Im american and my husband is dutch...poor guy, he had to do all the translation for our .nl page! :lol:
Im debating on re-listing with Gites.nl...had nothing last year! I would love to have more dutch people over, they really know how to enjoy france, and theyre sooo nice!
It can be useful to have a dutch husband, I know :)
I am very happy with gites.nl so far as I said before, they also bring in the Belgian people it seems...
I am also listed with the cheaper france sites like PLV and a-gites, got some enquiries at the start, no bookings at all from any of them...might be different for you!
good luck with everything!
LaTour Gites

Post by LaTour Gites »

Brenda wrote:Suggest you do a free www.independentowners.com website for the time being. We have used this for several years with good results. Very easy to build/use.

Only problem for you is that Dutch is not one of the language options.

I certainly think you need to spend more on paid advertising sites.
Ill try the web builder you mentioned, was looking around for one...then add cracking good pics, describe the homes better, and take a couple more pay sites in europe :D Im on my way! Thanks all and happy bookings!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Welcome to the forum! :)

I have moved this thread to the Website Reviews section, since that seems to be mainly what it is becoming.

All the other comments on the website have been great, and I agree -- the main thing, I think, is to get your website so that you don't have to scroll to the right to view the whole thing, and also try to make it completely clear exactly what you're offering and where on the very first page. A range of prices helps too, so that people know what they're getting immediately, hopefully with an enticing photo to make them see further.

I actually don't mind the idea of having two languages on the same page, with the text from each in different colors so that users know immediately which paragraphs apply to them. However, from a search engine standpoint, I would think it would be much more beneficial to have separate single-language sites. And, of course, not everyone is a fan (even I don't prefer it; I just don't mind it at all), so in having separate sites for each language, you're likely to keep the largest number of people happy. It will also be easier to reduce the page width if you don't have to have both an English and a French Google Map on the same page.

Paolo's thread on how to find the best listing sites to advertise on still gives excellent advice, if you're trying to figure out what sites are most likely to bring you business.
Brooke
LaTour Gites

Post by LaTour Gites »

vrooje wrote:Welcome to the forum! :)

I have moved this thread to the Website Reviews section, since that seems to be mainly what it is becoming.

All the other comments on the website have been great, and I agree -- the main thing, I think, is to get your website so that you don't have to scroll to the right to view the whole thing, and also try to make it completely clear exactly what you're offering and where on the very first page. A range of prices helps too, so that people know what they're getting immediately, hopefully with an enticing photo to make them see further.

I actually don't mind the idea of having two languages on the same page, with the text from each in different colors so that users know immediately which paragraphs apply to them. However, from a search engine standpoint, I would think it would be much more beneficial to have separate single-language sites. And, of course, not everyone is a fan (even I don't prefer it; I just don't mind it at all), so in having separate sites for each language, you're likely to keep the largest number of people happy. It will also be easier to reduce the page width if you don't have to have both an English and a French Google Map on the same page.

Paolo's thread on how to find the best listing sites to advertise on still gives excellent advice, if you're trying to figure out what sites are most likely to bring you business.
I am now starting my new webpage...Ive chosen Moonfruit, which lets me do alot of things i couldnt do on the google sites. So far so fun! And the advice in the forum for making your own webpage is very helpful, although the best tips came from the direct advice, thanks to all! `youll be seeing more of me in the forums :wink: