What do you think of www.SnapmillCottage.co.uk

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Holiday Golfer

What do you think of www.SnapmillCottage.co.uk

Post by Holiday Golfer »

Hi all,

Can I have your comments, impressions and perhaps suggestions regarding my new website - www.SnapmillCottage.co.uk

All input welcome, but I'm a sensitive soul so, gently please...
another golf holiday!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just a quick one as I shouldn't be at my computer now!

Generally nice looking site. Lovely place BTW! I spotted a couple of typos - Getting here - "beautifull" with an extra L, Accommodation details - no space after breakfast.

Are the bathrooms en suite, or accessed via a corridor?

Your main photo is quite poor quality, any chance of improving that?
Holiday Golfer

Post by Holiday Golfer »

Ooops, typos are a bit embarasssing (':wink:')

Thanks for the comments. I agree that the pictures need attention and another review of the text.

The bathrooms are private for each room but not en-suite. Should I be more specific about them?

Any more comments or suggestions?
another golf holiday!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I thought it was a very good site and had lots of useful information. The only thing I thought was that as B & B accommodation it would be nice to have other photos of the bedrooms and the bathrooms. And yes, I'd definitely mention that the bathrooms aren't en suite.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Very nice! I agree that the pics need attention, and so does the text (beautiful twice, Kestrel not Kestral, I found quite a few going through it). Some local places to eat and drink would be handy e.g. in the village. Do you have secure parking or somewhere to keep bikes? We go cycling in that area quite often, it might be worth mentioning if you have somewhere suitable.

Looks good though! :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Holiday Golfer

Post by Holiday Golfer »

Thanks all.

I've addressed the obvious spelling mistakes (bothered to use the spell checker which I realise is available as one of the text edit box options - doh!).

I'm going to review the text one more time in light of the more general comments made and I'm going to sort out a few better quality pictures for the front of the house, the bathrooms and the gardens (but that will have to wait for better weather - raining here today).

Thanks again. Anything else?
another golf holiday!
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

I think you have a great website, just a couple of typos I noticed here:
"Local Area Info" page:
Harold not capitalized
Should castle be capitalized when it is with the name? Dover Castle?

Other than that I thought it looked wonderful, I would agree to make it a bit clearer about the bathrooms not being ensuite. Though I got that impression when reading the bedroom description that they weren't connected but always better to spell it out so no misunderstandings.

Very nice!
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
lasourcetranquille

Post by lasourcetranquille »

It's a good template - works well. One comment - the map you have on 'getting here' isn't 'zoomable' - is that intentional?