Mexican Properties Website-What do you think

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
dippydon

Mexican Properties Website-What do you think

Post by dippydon »

Hi,
I started another topic/thread Bookings Where's the Market Bottom?
Someone kindly suggested I solicit comments on my website.
It has been up since 2007 (with changes:
http://www.cancunplayaluxuryrentals.com/

Don
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Hi Don,

Very nice site, very professional looking. Beautiful pictures and I really like the room tours.

On the page "why rent with us" I think you mean "ensured" instead of "insured"?

The point of more space than an hotel room was made 5 times, maybe a bit much, I think you are on the right track to emphasize the benefits of VR over hotel but I think you can either cut out a couple of those bullet points or come up with other benefits.

If someone was flying in how far are you from the airport, is there easy transportation to your apt? perhaps state what the taxi rate should be? do you offer a pick up service?

So very small things on the whole as I think you've done a great job with your website.

Looks like a great place to stay!
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
Ju

Post by Ju »

My main concern with your site is that you are not really selling your product. Most people decide within 2 seconds of looking at your site whether they want to look further. Other thatn the word "luxury" in the tile (which is an emotive word on this forum) it is really not clear that your accommodation is top notch.

In my mind your best photo should be taking up at least 25% of the screen. it is such a good photo that it would be immediately obvious that your accommodation is beautiful so people will look further.

As it is you need to go to the photo gallery to really see your product.

In my mind you should show the bedroom photo with the view of the lagoon, and the pool area photo.

You should also get some better photos of the beach.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Totally agree with Ju. Beautiful property, beautiful views, not being sold enough to me. I need to feel more emotion and more of a connection with the place. Those photos could do a much better job than they are.

How about an availability calendar? There have been discussions on here about the merits of them, and not everyone uses them, but personally I am unlikely to book if I can't see whether you have availability or not. I don't want to waste my time firing off a dozen emails to different properties and then wait the owners reply. If I get a few replies, I then have to match them to the relevant property. I want to see a property, check it's availability and then my shortlist will probably be two or three at the most to choose from before making my final decison and booking.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I agree totally - the pictures are so lovely, they should be loads bigger!

I think a name for each house would be nice, to give it more differentiation and help people remember you by - I'm sure there is one but I couldn't see it.

Maybe add a map showing where they are?
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
dippydon

Post by dippydon »

Thanks To all for your advice-
We have made some changes-an availability calendar,bigger pictures
Please let me know what you think.
http://www.cancunplayaluxuryrentals.com/