Which new extras make for more bookings?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
charles cawley

Which new extras make for more bookings?

Post by charles cawley »

In the otherwise good feedback for a large cottage for a Christmas stay was a telling remark:

"if there was a second TV, the children could have used their Wii."

Which new extras are worth it to get more bookings? We recommend WiFi and flat screen TVs but where do you stop?
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
Windy

Post by Windy »

I hope you replied

"if you weren't so selfish they could have plugged it into the existing TV" :lol:

We supply a PS2 with a load of games in each lodge, but no second TV.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

It was a group of nine people. The idea that grownups could look at the TV programme whilst the children could do something else could have added something extra to their stay.

I suspect that is what they have at home and what happens frequently at Christmas time. On the other hand, all these extras go on adding up the costs.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
millbrookcottages

hot tubs

Post by millbrookcottages »

Hi, I find our hot tub is a big pull! Also people love gadgets so we try to add new ones often, like a Wii, Bose, Mood Lighting and considering 3D TVs!
Award winning romantic Self Catering in Devon for Couples www.millbrookcottages.co.uk

Twitter: @Millbrookestate
www.facebook.com/millbrookestate
starcana

Post by starcana »

don't supposed for one moment that it makes for extra bookings (although helps with the recommendations, so maybe?), but as I grow lot of my own veg, when I'm planting up lettuces, I do a separate tub of the 'pick and come again' variety for outside our Barn door so our guests can help themselves through the summer. It's very easy, costs nothing (always too many seeds in a packet) and I just give them some of the spare cucumbers and tomatoes from the greenhouse that need using anyway. Would only work for on-site owners though.
Martha

Post by Martha »

We sleep 10 and have 2 portable TV/DVD players as well as the big main one - lots of families have commented on how useful this is for the kids to watch their own movies, and they're not expensive. Not just for the kids either - finding one film that 9 people want to watch is not always easy and it's nice for the adults to have the option of watching a film in their room too.

I love the veg idea!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

When you rent in the US there is really no way around having a TV in each bedroom.
I just bought one with built in DVD for 329 dollars. Should keep the kids happy provided it doesn't fall apart.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Beachcondo wrote:When you rent in the US there is really no way around having a TV in each bedroom.
Really? I think having a TV in any bedroom of a house is a horrible habit. Thankfully I don't have many US guests (or maybe that's why!)
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

Same here.
I only have a TV in the living room at home.

Guess with the new Play TV function on the computer it will not make a big difference though, when the kids grow up.
shamac

Post by shamac »

You can buy HUGE screen tvs (albeit not flatscreen) on Ebay for a tenner-have just bought a fab Phillips 42"-perfect condition-people just want rid when they buy a fancy new one!
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
Windy

Post by Windy »

They look crap on the bedroom wall when they have a huge cathode ray tube though don't they :lol: