Review for another oldie!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Garri

Post by Garri »

Hi Paul,

I just find whole paragraphs of text in bold not only difficult to scan but also to read. The same for whole paragraphs of text in capitals.

For example, you could style your text so that only the key points within the paragraphs are in bold - easy for us readers to pick out the important details at a glance without having to read everything.

By offering no variation with your type you are forcing us to read everything where we should be, on home page at least, scanning and trying to get an overall impression before delving deeper and reading in more detail.

The new look Guardian has recently re-inspired my interests in typography (I used to be a graphic artist). A lot can be learned from their new look, which itself has been subtly inspired by the web, blogs in particular. I know newspapers and websites are different mediums but the same rules apply to on-line publishing.

That Typetester site I mentioned earlier is all you need to to play with in order to test your copy and get some great results for on-line type then simply cut & paste the resulting CSS and away you go. Easy peasy lemon squeazy!