Giving exact adress?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
katiebythesea

Giving exact adress?

Post by katiebythesea »

Hi
I have had a french enquirer ask me for the address of our house in a small village, they say they know the area well and are looking for a quiet and tranquil location so want to check out where the house is.
They are in all probability genuine but I am aware of the security risks of doing this and and a bit unsure how to respond really!
Anyone else had a similiar situation arise?
Katie
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Google map seem to sort the problem for me, It is where it is. Not sure there should be a security issue with it??? 8)
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Several times! In almost all cases, I politely explain that because, as a holiday home, sometimes the property is unoccupied, we don't give out the exact address until all payments for a booking have been received. I then give them as much info as I can without the address so they have a pretty good idea of the location. (Having said that, there are several properties nearby so we could be any one of them. I'm not sure how you'd do this if you're somewhere more isolated.)
So far, the vast majority of people understand and seem perfectly happy with the reply.
katiebythesea

Post by katiebythesea »

I have no problem giving out the address once they have booked but am concerned about doing so beforehand as it is empty a lot of the time hence the security risk.
I think it is also a bit of a risk to say that in case it puts off the enquirer but to do otherwise is also a risk....
Ju

Post by Ju »

We occasionally have people who live locally rent the properties for large groups. They often like to visit the place first to have a look. Difficult to do that if you won't give them the address.
Phil Schofield

Post by Phil Schofield »

A Google map with a pin point of the general area may be enough.

Martha also has a creative solution viewtopic.php?t=13934

If you have doubts about security, explain these with the enquirer. Anyone who is serious about renting will no doubt understand and verify that they are genuine.
susanj

Post by susanj »

I find people will ask for the address to google it and see what the surrounding area looks like but I don't really like to give it out. Sometimes people ask so they can drive by and look.

Sue