Would love feedback on my website...

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
larkslookout

Would love feedback on my website...

Post by larkslookout »

http://www.larkslookout.blogspot.com

I'm in the process of keeping the same blog format, but dropping the blogspot suffix, which I will do as soon as I figure out how. Otherwise I'm trying to keep it simple to use and visually pleasing.

Any issues or suggestions that anyone has? I'm new here, and appreciate having this forum to get help from other owners.

I'm thinking of adding a reviews page, does anyone use excerpts from their guest books, or is that a no-no?

Thanks in advance!
Beautiful rose covered cottages set on the shores of Lake Ontario.
lasourcetranquille

Post by lasourcetranquille »

First glance - it's not very inviting. You lose so much real estate on the screen but having everything in such a narrow column. In general if it doesn't catch on that first view you've lost 'em.

I only realised the links near the top where the links to other pages when I couldn't find any other buttons. These need to stand out from the rest of the text.

Ditch all the links at the bottom of the page - aren't they just competition?

There's no key for the colours on the availability page.

Why do the rental rates have a range? Presumably for different dates but I'd want to know those dates in advance before enquiring.

To be honest it was such hard work having to scroll all the time I lost interest! You really need to get those pictures into some sort of gallery...

Hope that helps!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

lasourcetranquille wrote:First glance - it's not very inviting. You lose so much real estate on the screen but having everything in such a narrow column. In general if it doesn't catch on that first view you've lost 'em.
Ditto! I think you have a lovely product but the format is too time consuming to find the information you need.

Pull together all the information the guest needs into the correct pages and then use photos to supplement that information, not overwhelm it. A gallery for the bulk of your photos is a much better way of displaying your images.

I wouldn't spend any more time looking at this site until you have made those sort of changes. Sorry.... :(
CSE

Post by CSE »

I would add that you also need a decent address the blogspot does not do anything for your rankings.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.