PromoteMyPlace.com - Holiday rental website builder

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Ed

PromoteMyPlace.com - Holiday rental website builder

Post by Ed »

I have been talking to a few people on this forum about changes that could be made to improve my website (lots of great advise) and it was suggested that I share my thoughts on the website package I used to do it, in case others on here are looking for a good option for website creation and hosting.

I built my website using PromoteMyPlace.com - promotemyplace.com, not sure if anybody else on here is using it?

I would highly recommend it for those of you who haven't got the time or the patience to build something from scratch. I've been really happy with the service as a whole. I found the website builder easy to use and the holiday home specific features are really useful. The support has been really good when I've needed it and the price seems reasonable to me.

I haven't had the website that long and it's already generated several enquiries on it's own, via Google, so it's a great start.

Cheers,
Ed
Last edited by Ed on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I liked eds Website. The template seems to make the final presentation work well.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I like the site too, so much so that I am going to try it out on the free trial to see if I prefer it to my existing site. Some questions to ask them first though.
declanja

Post by declanja »

I am with Iowners but am looking into this too. What questions have you got Helen?

Declan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Just things like using my own availability calendar, adding things like the YHM logo which requires use of some code.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I think with the YHM logo you should just be able to cut and paste it into the page. I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure there is an option to use your own availability calendar, or at least I haven't seen one, but you should contact them about it, or use the feedback forum (tab on the left when logged in)

They were open to suggestions when I spoke to them.

Ed
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I registered yesterday for the free 14 dy trail and have received the following discount code which reduces the cost to £39, which I am free to share.
Just enter PMP393 when you go to pay before the 18th April
declanja

Post by declanja »

I got a similar offer today and will have a look.
Declan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Site started at http://chaletchamoissiere.promotemyplace.com

I'm in the middle of changing my web host, and will put it on chamoissiere.co.uk when it is completed.
De Caluwe

promotemyplace.com

Post by De Caluwe »

Thanks to Ed I used also promotemyplace.com and I'm very happy with the result and the service.
Please give me feedback because a website is never finished!
www.penthousebangkok.info
Take care,
Jan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mine is now on my proper domain at chamoissiere.co.uk .
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Now added :- 3rd party availability calendars can be used (my online booking calendar is now embedded on the page :-) ) . And the photo editor has been added to all of the pages.
Debby

Promotemyplace

Post by Debby »

Thanks to this thread I gave promotemyplace a try and am delighted with the result a great improvement I think on my previous iowners site. Neil was great at helping me to set up my own domain name and it all happened very quickly and efficiently.
www.houseinpontroyal-provence.com
Debby
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

All our Promotemyplace websites seem to be down at the moment, and also Promotemyplace.
CSE

Post by CSE »

helen i only find yours is down others I looked at are ok.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.