winter holidays in morrocco, tunisia,north africa

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
chrismooney

winter holidays in morrocco, tunisia,north africa

Post by chrismooney »

has anyone had any experience/info in holidays in the above? we're thinking of having an extended break in jan/feb and to get some sun don't want to travel long haul? any info on costs for 4-6 weeks, temperatures, availability, facilities, or even southern spain/portugal?
chef who will try anything!!
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

Good choice... But don't rule out western and south western Sicily as they are on the same winds and parts are closer to Tunisia and Morrocco than Mainland Italy.

Whilst western Sicily is probably still a bit wet and breezy in January and early Feb, you should really consider the offlying islands of Pantelleria and Lampedusa.

Pantelleria can be reached by plane twice a day from Trapani Airport, itself reachable from 36 EU destinations including Dublin, Luton, Stansted and Liverpool. You could stay with us for a few days here and there if you wanted to travel around the zone and see more (there are nightly ferries to and from Trapani to the islands and Tunisia). Or we can always look at hosting you for a night two if your flights dont overlap on the same day (Let me know down the line).

Hope that helps.

DC
tazmaniandevil

Morocco January/February

Post by tazmaniandevil »

Hi
How about Morocco? For the past 3 years I have had guests stay for these months. Visit my site for reviews ;
www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/84145
Discounts are available, especially as you are a chef( et moi) you will love the food. Over 100 restaurants within 1 mile of the medina, Arabic,French,Italian,Spanish,Berber and more.

warmest regards,

Martyn
John & Yasmine FATIHA

Post by John & Yasmine FATIHA »

Chris,
However I understand this is a very late response, Morocco would be a fine choice, we have a property in the Rabat (capital of Morocco) area (in Salé to be more exact, and with ocean view)
Of course we would happily receive you!
If this message is late for you, maybe it will give someone else information needed