Bamboo Media

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Windy

Bamboo Media

Post by Windy »

I was called today by a lady saying she was from "Bamboo Media" - number withheld but she said they were on 0871 9192000 and based in Marbella.

They claim to be "licencees of Google" and promise page 1 listings for 5 search phrases for "just" £299 for a month.

Yes you guessed it - not in the organic listings but in the sponsored links. The posh bint on the phone sounded quite affronted when she finally realised that my questions along the lines of "how do you do that? Is it some sort of magic?" were a piss take.

Why do these people have to mislead innocent punters. It's a sort of Force Travel and Leisure approach where they tread (and I think cross) the line of misrepresentation as they clearly try to give the impression of being endorsed / authorised by Google. She even said something like Google had done a last minute release of these top slots so take advantage now.

Er ....what?

Anyway she may be ploughing her way through self-catering business's websites right now so be warned and be sceptical.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Windy, they've aready rang me several times, or of it wasn't them, someone remarkably similar.They also claimed a connection with Google. I pointed out I was already on page 1 of google and she didn't know how to respond. She then paused and changed tack, asking if I used adwords.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Not heard of this particular one, but had many, many similar calls over the years.

Worryingly, I suspect there's plenty out there who will be taken in by this kind of thing. Really, those people should be asking the question "Why are they doing telesales if they are so good at online marketing?" ;)
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I had a phone call similar to this..the guys said he could get the house onto page one if someone used such and such as a search. I said I was already on page one if you use that...he gave another suggestion. Again I was on page one...what he did not realise most of our business is from the Spanish...sand he gave no examples for that or another language other than English.
To cut a long story short he got quite agree with me because I was asking all sorts of questions. But I do mind that he was a complete waste of space.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
JO2

Bamboo media

Post by JO2 »

Hello,
yes I also have been contacted by 'Bamboo media' in Marbella, mentioning that at the moment clients can not find me on Google. Well Bamboo media have found me!

The sales person wasnt happy with my reply, he then asked me questions like - if I am English ( I am not) if I have an advertising budget (I have) and the such, but I wasn’t happy to supply all this information and I said so. Anyway the person on the other end of the line got annoyed with me. After he apologised about calling me, he also started to threaten me. His words: fine, I will take you off Google now!! and in addition slammed the phone down on me.

Needless to say, I wish there would be a government body to complain to, but none of my phone calls directly to Bamboo media where answered, answer phones only. the question springs to mind, if I would have taken out their offer of marketing my website, how would I be able to contact them?

Just to warn you all, some companies don’t seem to be genuine and alone on this forum it is two of us who had slightly dubious contacts with this company! Well.... All the best JO
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Sounds like they also go by the name of Storm Media.

Various references to them in the comments here: http://www.michaelwall.co.uk/sem/google-adwords-ripoff/
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »