First attempt with 1and1

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
TriciaM

First attempt with 1and1

Post by TriciaM »

Hello everybody

After picking up some great tips from this site I have taken the plunge with 1and1. I'm really happy with the results, but I'll hold my breath and not consider it finished until you've had a look!

www.disneyluxury.co.uk

I'd appreciate your feeedback. Thanks again and here's to LMH!

Tricia.
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

Hi

Looks very clean and simple, also easy on the eye so shouldn't be difficult for people to read.

To help get seen on search engines you need to change the title of your pages, at the moment they just say A WebsiteBuilder Website, which is great for the software company but won't help you.

Your title should feature a description of the page and a mention of the location.

If you can I would put together a few more pages about the attractions in the area, similar to how you've done the golfing page.

For example, the theme park should have its own page.

Take a look at this thread for ideas on the importance of the actual words on your pages:

viewtopic.php?t=1565

Any questions just shout.

All the best

Craig

http://www.thisfrenchlife.com/
alexjanderson

Post by alexjanderson »

Site looks good overall.

A few point that you may want to consider:

Your centered bullet point may be more pleasing to the eye if left justified and then centred on the page (if that makes sense).

I would advise a simpler way of displaying your property pictures. The bottom part of the mechanism that you use does not fit on the full screen and it is not therefor obvious that there are further picture to view. The pictures themselves are good.

Cheers

A
TriciaM

Post by TriciaM »

Thank you Craig & Alex for your feedback. I was beginning to feel ignored!!! :cry:

Have taken note and made changes.

All the best

Tricia.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Tricia, I thought i posted a reply to this thread ages ago. I must have lost it somehow. I have a 1and 1 site too, but yours looks like the new software. It looks good.
moose

Post by moose »

Hi lovely place and lovely looking site - but I'm afraid I found waiting for the piccies to focus whilst loading really hard on the eyes!

Other than that, I'f and when I get our kids to disneyland....!!!
iracathey

Clean Look But...

Post by iracathey »

Hi,
Very clean looking site, but I would echo the comments about the pictures. The method of display is just too tricky.

I also wonder whether it would be helpful to post an availability calendar.

Good work, though, especially for a first try.
Always Willing, Always Learning
Always Just a Bit Off Center
Ira & Cathey
www.southfrancerental.com