comments please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
JulieR

comments please

Post by JulieR »

Hi
Web site set up by my 16 year old son, I think it's great (proud mother!) but what do others think?
Thanks for any comments
www.lepetitlac.co.uk
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Julie,

I'm no expert, far from it, but it looks great to me.

In the same way, Mozart was a young man when he wrote great music.

Alan
Garri

Post by Garri »

Web site set up by my 16 year old son, I think it's great (proud mother!)
That's not fair! Makes it impossible for me to be brutal :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think your son has done a fine job. He is certainly much better at websites than I am! Just a few things, personal taste really! I don't like the font (although I use it in e-mail, I don't think it looks very sophisticated on a website, sorry!) I'm not sure about the blue background either, it is very in your face! I also think the homepage is too long, most of the info could come under the area page. But these are just personal things. Also some spelling - barbecue, not barbeque (pet hate of mine!!)One more thing, I don't think it is necessary to have the French headers when none of the rest of the site is in French - I would just leave it in English with an alternative French version to click on if you want to get into the French market.
I hope that doesn't sound too critical, I really am very jealous of your son's website capability!
gh

Post by gh »

Hi JulieR,
Rightly so your proud of him, well done young un, is he available for a commission, school work allowing. :wink:

Regards
iracathey

Good Work

Post by iracathey »

Hi Julie,
Having just set up my first website, I know how difficult it is and how proud you must be.

I echo the one comment about color. I found the red script concerning your smoke-free policy particularly difficult to read against the blue.

But that having been said, pats on the back!
Always Willing, Always Learning
Always Just a Bit Off Center
Ira & Cathey
www.southfrancerental.com
JulieR

Post by JulieR »

Thanks for the comments and I will take them onboard when 'I' update the site. The only problem is getting my son to spend any time on changing anything, so I have resorted to payment :oops:
That or threatening not to feed him :D
mvus

Post by mvus »

Just a minor point but next time you are over I would remove what looks like a wheely bin from the house front and re-take without the cars on the drive
JulieR

Post by JulieR »

Ha Ha yes thanks for the wheelie bin comment. Our Postman made the same comment after looking at the site. I will have to wait until the nice weather arrives to take another.
We also have signs now so would probably look better with them in the picture also.
All comments gratefully received
Julie