Front page style sheets / templates / themes

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Ju

Front page style sheets / templates / themes

Post by Ju »

I'm looking to build a new website, not as a replacement for our main site, but for a different purpose. My OH built up ours through a very organic process, learning as he went along. I am keen to give the new site a completely different look, but I am struggling to find a Front Page template that I like.

Can I use other style sheets that are not designed for front page specifically?

Does anyone know of a good source of free to use templates?

Does anyone know where I can read up more on CSS? I've read a bit on the microsoft pages, but it doesn't really tell me how to use them for the layout.

Any other ideas gratefully received.

Ju
Highams Park Harry

Post by Highams Park Harry »

go on, take the plung and do it properly!

I did it eventually and it was far easier than I expected to do it with divs and css, it gives you total control over your pages and makes them far easier to fiddle with

loads of excellent places to learn, codingforums.com is as good a place as any to start, lots of help there if you're prepared to show you're making an effort

happy to help with minor questions, no time for anything more, sorry
Dordogne Holiday Cottage, sleeps eight
http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk
Alan Knighting

Re: Front page style sheets / templates / themes

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ju wrote:Can I use other style sheets that are not designed for front page specifically?

Does anyone know of a good source of free to use templates?

Does anyone know where I can read up more on CSS? I've read a bit on the microsoft pages, but it doesn't really tell me how to use them for the layout.

Any other ideas gratefully received.

Ju
Go to http://www.westciv.com/index.html and browse to your heart's content.

Alan
Ju

Post by Ju »

Thanks Alan, this site looks great. I think I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend.

Ju
Garri

Post by Garri »

Hi Ju, the site Alan recommends is priceless, well worth the price of admission :wink:

I'm putting together a series of tutorials on how to set up the Textpattern cms for a holiday accommodation website. It's an ongoing project that will be published as a blog.