Sun creams and pool liners

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Well I will later Ali (as it's my wedding anniversary :wink: ) but now, during the mid-week clean, I have discovered that our current guests have spilled orange juice (I think) over one of the duvet covers.

hoping that ones an easy one to remove?

Mousie (about to google 'removing orange juice)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Happy anniversary :arrow:

One martini, two martini, three martini, MORE!
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Reviving this thread because we hope we have a solution to the brown tidemark around our pool liner...

We have had an adhesive 'border' stuck on. There are a number of companies offering these. (We used www.borderchoice.com as they are based in Cyprus and we preferred their designs). The theory is that because the border is not made of pvc, (which makes the liner porous), but something that "shrugs off" chemicals, it should also prevent recurrence of staining. Obviously only time will tell if this claim is justified.

You can fit them yourself, but it isn't as easy as first appears as we saw when ours was fitted. The main difficulty with ours was the corners of the pool where the liner is stretched outwards, so the fitter cut a number of slits down from the top edge of the border to make it fit the liner shape.

Our pool is now looking fabulous again, and we hope to get another 3-4 years out of our liner, all being well.

Unfortunately we ran out of time to get nice sunny shots of the newly bordered pool for our website as by the time we had topped up again, we had missed the best of the day's sunshine, and we had to leave the next day.

Would be v interested to hear if anyone else has done the same, and how well it's working out.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

Hi NandP,
Thanks for posting this and the link. I'd seen the ceramic border tiles but didn't realise adhesive one's were now available too... would be very interested to hear how you get on with yours over the coming season?

Just wondering if anyone has used this type of adhesive border and how they're getting on with them?
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Our pool had one when we bought our villa. It had been newly added.

It looked terrific for the first two years then started to peel off.
andilubio

Post by andilubio »

Bellywobble wrote:Our pool had one when we bought our villa. It had been newly added.

It looked terrific for the first two years then started to peel off.
This border thing looks pretty interesting. Although it might be important to know its life spam... but consider that it might be better off paying 200€ every 2-4 years than 3k...

Im going to check out the warranty out.
www.nuevespigas.com Villa in Casarabonela, Malaga. Spain

9 rooms, 18 people. private pool
blue sky girl

Border Choice

Post by blue sky girl »

Hi N&P,
I also have a Border Choice border. it has been there since October 2009. It certainly looks much better than it did. It is not totally stain proof by any means,and some parts peeled off this year, but my pool guy managed to stick them back on.
It was very expensive though,condiderably more than 200 Euros.

I have been told that the new liners are coloured all the way through so can be cleaned more easily. Any one have any idea how much a new liner is in Cyprus?