kind request to review my website kamalapenthouse.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
jaapspreeuwenberg

kind request to review my website kamalapenthouse.com

Post by jaapspreeuwenberg »

Dear members of the forum,

After some good advice elsewhere on this forum I just made a website for my penthouse in Kamala, Phuket (Thailand) with an own domain name http://kamalapenthouse.com.

The pictures are not excellent, I really should go back to Kamala to make better pictures.

1. Which are your target markets in order of importance?
families are my main target group, as the apartment sleeps 5 people and they tend to take good care of the place. The second target group are retired couples. The apartment is in a village town near infamous Patong, that naturally attracts a certain crowd, but travelers enjoying the Thai food and good infrastructure are more prefered.

2. What would you say is the single biggest selling point of your rental property?
The location in Kamala, a queit village just north of Patong, the privacy of the penthouse (no-one can look into the apartment or onto the sundeck), the sundeck with private sauna and swimming pool

3. What are the other reasons why someone should want to stay in your place instead of another in the same area?
unfortunately at the moment the price, as other penthouses in the complex are rented out for double or triple the rental I am asking (upto EUR 120 - EUR 360 per night)

I would kindly asked you to review my website and make suggestions about what I could improve.

Kind regards,

Jaap
Elcarmoli

Post by Elcarmoli »

Hi Jaap,

I've just finished my own website, it is certainly a feeling of achievement isn't it?

I really like your website, navigation is clear and easy to understand. When you first enter the site I would say that the banner picture looks a little fuzzy and it just detracts ever so slightly from the overall clean and crisp impression. There is also quite a lot of white space on the home page, not sure if you could put more text there, but if you can I think a paragraph or two really explaining and selling the location would be a big bonus.

Really liked the guest comment and Highlights on the home page. That's all I can think of, I'm not very technical so my comments are all about looks - great site, congrats.
www.holidaymurcia.com - Spacious Apartment in Spain
www.rhumhor.com - Lochside Holiday Lodge, sleeps up to 11 people

Member of Associaton of Scotland's Self-Caterers
Annew

Post by Annew »

It's a really nice website - the only thing I could say is that you could include a greater number and variety of photos.

It made me want to go back to Thailand!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Annew

Post by Annew »

PS: I think your rental rates are extremely good and well pitched for your target market and the area you are in. You could probably increase them next year after you've got a feel for your market.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
jaapspreeuwenberg

Thank you very much for the feedback!

- The banner picture is indeed a bit fuzzy, I will try to make it better
- Thank you for the feedback of the white space on the HOME page. I kind of like white space, but a paragraph of too would be indeed a good thing to add. Do you have any specific suggestions about what information is missing?
- There could be more photos, indeed, I should go back to Thailand to make some better ones, I not think the whole quality of the penthouse can be appriciated with these photos
- The rates are VERY competetive, I lowered my rates to get more bookings as my advertising was lacking the quality. I am competing against 3 bedroom units who don't have the sundeck, private pool on top and sauna, or against penthouse units where you look right onto the roof terrace of your neighbours, which mine does not have at it is a corner penthouse with great views on the town. I somehow don't seem able to pitch these assets right.
- Whenever in Thailand, don't hesitate to contact me for a nice LayMyHat 10% discount:-)

If you like the design and lay-out: I have build this site with the template builder of PromoteMyPlace (see the thread elsewhere on this forum. They gave me a free-to-spread discount coupon code: PMP401, which makes all their service around GPB 39,- a year, inclusive the hosting.

Regards,

Jaap
Elcarmoli

Post by Elcarmoli »

Hi Jaap,

I think on the front page you could add a little about location - just very brief but the key highlights that tell me why I would want to go there - as opposed to another location. In fact something like the 1st paragraph off your local information page would be good there.

kind regards,
Martine
www.holidaymurcia.com - Spacious Apartment in Spain
www.rhumhor.com - Lochside Holiday Lodge, sleeps up to 11 people

Member of Associaton of Scotland's Self-Caterers
jaapspreeuwenberg

Elcarmoli wrote:Hi Jaap,

I think on the front page you could add a little about location - just very brief but the key highlights that tell me why I would want to go there - as opposed to another location. In fact something like the 1st paragraph off your local information page would be good there.

kind regards,
Martine
Hi Martine,

Great advice, thank you, I just updated the homepage with that!

Jaap