block outgoing calls except emergencies

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Rob

block outgoing calls except emergencies

Post by Rob »

Does anyone know if it's possible with Telecom to block outgoing calls except emergencies and allow incoming calls?
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

Are you talking about Telecom in the UK or in Italy?

In the UK, BT have two optional extras - call barring and call diverting. So that outgoing calls can be barred (except emergency calls and 0800 numbers) and incoming calls can be diverted to a number of your choice. The charge is added onto your quarterly rental.
Rob

block calls

Post by Rob »

Thanks but I was talking about Telecom Italia.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

We don't block, and are on the "calls to Europe and the Americas" for €10 per month tariff (land lines only), so we allow guests to use the telephone for these places. Even though we tell them this we still find them out in the garden using their mobiles.
Rob

block calls

Post by Rob »

Thank you.So you're happy to pay large bills from your tenants for calls to landlines in those places (the tenants who dont use their moblies)? I' d much rather do the blocking as you seem to be able to do in the UK and France. The only thing that worries me is that it will take time to get it set up with Telecom Italia and then, when we are living there, to cancel it so that we can use the line normally.

Am I right in thinking that tenants do not really expect a landline of any sort?
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Rob, Olive Grove is telling you they have an all inclusive contract. What is wrong with that? 10 euro/month doesn't look like a "large bill"...
Why don't you just call Telecom Italia and find if they can offer you that?
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Rob

block calls

Post by Rob »

Sorry Olive Grove I misunderstood you and I agree 10Es a month is not a large bill. I'll contact TI. Thank you.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Phew, thanks Tizfata for pointing that out for me. I certainly wouldn't let them use the phone if I had an open ended contract, but €10 all in is a good price, and we do make it clear that calls to mobiles are a no-no unless it is urgent and they clear it with us first.