Holiday Lettings, understanding statistics.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Bellywobble

Holiday Lettings, understanding statistics.

Post by Bellywobble »

Can anyone help a "thickie" understand what the statistics are telling me when I log into Holiday Lettings? Obviously I know that people are looking at the listing, but I'd like to understand more clearly what the different abreviations mean.
Thanks.
Highams Park Harry

Post by Highams Park Harry »

what abbreviations do you mean, c&p something

I'm there and it more or less all makes sense to me
Dordogne Holiday Cottage, sleeps eight
http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Sometimes it's clear on the statistics that our ad has been looked at, either because our ref number or name is there. At other times I'm not sure is it's our ad that has been looked at or if someone has just looked at the page with a list of ads, but not specifically ours.For instance if it says "orderbyprice/pageid.15" what is page 15?, or "dt1=2&arrival_dt2=03&arrival", or "locationkeywords=&sub"?
I'm having enough trouble learning Spanish and here's another language! If it's making sense to you Harry, I'd appreciate your help.
rosselder

Guide to using the Statistics page on holidaylettings.co.uk

Post by rosselder »

Hi there,

I just thought I'd post a quick guide to using and interpreting the stats page on holidaylettings.co.uk

Apologies for the complex codes seen at times in the table. We put this 'View where your hits are coming from' feature onto the Management pages last year to help people see where their traffic comes from within the site and from external sources and also to give owners a sense of confidence in the integrity of traffic figures that we display for each property.

The hits on your statistics show a line every time someone views your advert page (actual visitors to your page). The web addresses stated are showing the page they were on previously to coming to your advert page.

If it mentions a page on holidaylettings.co.uk this suggests they found your advert page through our internal search pages, or if it mentions google.co.uk or laymyhat.com they've come straight from those websites to your page.

Sometimes we're unable to tell where someone has come from. In those cases we say "Hidden Referer / Bookmark" - these are either from people bookmarking your property page or because they have set their security settings to not let us know where they came from.

You're almost there with working out how to interpret the addresses from our site:

"orderby.price/pageid.15" means that your home was on the 15th page of the ordered-by-price search results that person looked at. They then clicked on your home and we recorded where they came from.

"dt1=2&arrival_dt2=03&arrival" is cut from what should have read "arrival_dt1=2&arrival_dt2=03&arrival_dt3=..." which shows that this person was doing an availability search on our site for certain dates.

"locationkeywords=&sub" means that there was nothing in the location search box and that they'd clicked the search button ("sub" is a part of "submit.x=").

A lot of the detail in this is, as you can see, rather technical and not terribly useful to you but we decided to show it all for the reasons stated above - partly in case you're curious how people are coming to your advert and partly to add substance to the headline numbers we provide for the number of visitors to your page each month.

I hope this helps explain all that mumbo-jumbo!

You can always contact Joanna or Hannah on support@holidaylettings.co.uk or (01865) 201 444 if you'd like any more details on this.
Ross Elder
Director, Holiday Lettings Ltd
www.holidaylettings.co.uk
ross@holidaylettings.co.uk
(01865) 201 444
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Thanks Ross, that helps a little. Does it mean though that each one listed had actually clicked to look at the full ad, rather than just the brief intro?

I love being able to view the statistics and am becoming quite addicted to it. :oops:
rosselder

Post by rosselder »

Yes, that's right. It's show each visit to your full property advert. We don't count the people reading the intro's.

[Post edited by admin]
Ross Elder
Director, Holiday Lettings Ltd
www.holidaylettings.co.uk
ross@holidaylettings.co.uk
(01865) 201 444