Be Gentle with Me!!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Paolo - thanks for your feedback, I'm really grateful. My non-techie brain tells me that it's now too late to change to a frame free set up - am I right? This was our web designer's first request for a holiday rental site, and he's a caring, conscientious chap, so he probably just didn't think the thing through when he got going on the design. If it is indeed too late, looking at the text on the home page, is there anything more that can be done to improve its chances on search engines do you think?
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
paolo

Post by paolo »

Jane,

It's not too late to change it to non-frame, but it would require more work on your designer's part.

What I don't understand is that if you look at the source of the homepage, no text shows, which is what a search engine should be seeing. But the homepage is properly indexed by Google and others. Anyone know why this is?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

paolo wrote:
What I don't understand is that if you look at the source of the homepage, no text shows, which is what a search engine should be seeing. But the homepage is properly indexed by Google and others. Anyone know why this is?
Thanks St P - and if anyone can (underlined/italics or bold) answer this, please do! This was our first year with the site, and when I've had inquiries, as we all do, I try to establish how they found us if it isn't immediately obvious. On one of the sites, OD, a weblink is allowed, so people who go through to that can send me an inquiry via the email address given there, rather than via OD itself, and when I've asked for more precise info, they're always vague, as they've obviously made a shortlist of a number etc etc and can't recall specifics. Thus, it seems perfectly possible (sob!!) that none of my inquiries has been generated directly from our website. If so, it is a waste of potential ....
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Mick

Post by Mad Mick »

thats a super site Jane. Perhaps you could give me some tips :)
Not quite MAD but working on it :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Mad Mick - I've only just seen your message!