Always on Vacation!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Tyler_Jensen

Post by Tyler_Jensen »

I am requesting the number, or location of the number, because you informed me of a possible support issue.

Please provide me with the location of the wrong number, or the number so I can correct the issue and make sure our customers have accurate support contact information.
Tyler Jensen
Director of Sales
AlwaysOnVacation
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Despite no longer having an active listing on AoV, I keep finding my property, with incorrect details and availability , on so-calles sister sites, which were given to us in a big long list when we were moved to AoV from Perfect Getaways. On the one I found today there wasn't even any option to contact the owner visible.
Tyler_Jensen

Post by Tyler_Jensen »

Helen,

PM me the site you found your listing on so I can research the possible issue.
Tyler Jensen
Director of Sales
AlwaysOnVacation
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I see AOV still haven't fixed the issue of portrait photographs being forced into landscape and appearing horribly stretched about which I had correspondence with Tyler several months ago and which he pretended couldn't be fixed because I wouldn't give him details of my ads (again, didn't trust his motives).

As I told him several times, I didn't need to give him details of my ads, all the ads have the same issue, not just mine.

I never chose to be with AOV in the first place and I certainly won't pay money to a firm that can't or won't invest time and technology to display photos, our number one selling tool, properly. Properly displayed photos are an absolute priority and they still haven't fixed it.

I can't be the only one who has brought up this issue.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Tyler_Jensen

Post by Tyler_Jensen »

Nightowl,

PM me your listing id number and I will look in to it.
Tyler Jensen
Director of Sales
AlwaysOnVacation
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Nightowl

I'm shocked that after all the comments you made months ago Tyler is finally responding, but clearly he's not going to fix the fault for everyone.

My belief is that he's been badly wounded by comments on the various forums, low take-up from their expansion into Europe because of their poor performance and Ryanair may well be wanting to know why they aren't doing well.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Tyler_Jensen

Post by Tyler_Jensen »

Chianti,

I have responded to every posting.

Unfortunately, your belief is mistaken. We have actually doubled our rental property inventory and tripled our traffic over the last year.
Tyler Jensen
Director of Sales
AlwaysOnVacation
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Oh no you haven't, this matter of photos was brought up months ago by Nightowl and it remains unresolved.

I don't believe any company with your track record is doing well, unless there are that many fools out there. Once bitten twice shy.
Chianti

Tyler_Jensen

Post by Tyler_Jensen »

Chianti,

At the time of the original notification of this issue, I contacted Nightowl by pm asking for the lsiting id number so that we could correct the images. Unfortunately, Nightowl would not provide me with the listing id number.

A couple of other owners posted a couple work arounds that they use for the issue because it is a common problem on any site that you have to upload photos.

If I receive the listing id number, we can correct the images.

If you also have an issue, send me your listing id number and your problem and I can correct them.
Tyler Jensen
Director of Sales
AlwaysOnVacation
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

It is categorically NOT a problem when loading photos on other listing sites. Nightowl refused to give you her ID, instead you should have looked for all of the properties to which you stretched the photos, you were made aware that it was a common problem.

If you think busy owners are going to spend their time trying to sort out a problem you created then you're deluded. If you can't afford the technology to upload both prortrait and landscape photos then your company is........................... (I'll let others use what terms they think best.)

How many enquiries are you bringing in for the owners who have suffered stretched photos? Is this what you call good customer service?
Chianti

Tyler_Jensen

Post by Tyler_Jensen »

Chianti,

I'm not here to debate with you. I'm here to support the users of this forum.

Is there anything that I can do to support you?
Tyler Jensen
Director of Sales
AlwaysOnVacation
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Tyler

I'm not going to get into an argument, you are only mopping up what those in your company fail to do because they don't deal with customer complaints. What a way to run a company. Do you only deal with complaints via rental forums? You should be doing so when owners email. In fact, my experience and that of others proves that you don't respond to complaints by email.
Chianti

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

As usual Tyler is talking out of his rear end.

I did refuse to give my ID, because (a) as I said previously, I didn't trust him and (b) it was a generic problem so it should be fixed generically not piecemeal.

In any case Tyler responded to my refusal to provide my ID in November with:

To: Nightowl
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm
Subject: Re: Example Found
I believe I have found an example of what you are referring too:

http://www.alwaysonvacation.com/vacatio ... 78696.html

The main photo is stretched out because it was uploaded in portrait and displayed as landscape.

In a previous version, this was accomodated for. It seems that in a past release we have lost this. I will get this over to my engineering team to resolve.

Regards,

Tyler Jensen

Well his engineering team have had since November to resolve it and zilch so far.

I'm impressed!

so glad I don't list with this dodgy outfit any more. And more than anything Mr Jensen is an over riding reason why I don't want to list with them.
Nightowl
backwards......
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Nightowl wrote:
The main photo is stretched out because it was uploaded in portrait and displayed as landscape.
yes, because your website does not cater for portrait, despite people bringing your attention to it and you promising to pass it to your (obviously incompetent) IT team....
Nightowl
backwards......
Tyler_Jensen

Post by Tyler_Jensen »

Our engineers have created an SRS for the issue and I have pushed the project up the list so that we will start working on it right away.

I was asking for the listing id number because there are ways you can modify the images before you upload them to solve the issue. I believe Vrooje pointed this out and provided us with instructions when this was originally reported. I was going to personally modify the images for you.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Tyler Jensen
Director of Sales
AlwaysOnVacation