Best listing site for Tuscany

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Londoner

Best listing site for Tuscany

Post by Londoner »

A friend in Italy wants to start advertising her property, previously she used an agency. I have a little experience in this as I used to help a relative with enquiries through Owners Direct but that was a few years back.
This lady has a large villa with pool and a smaller cottage, all on the same site near Siena.
What sites would be best for her, Homelidays or Owners Direct or any other suggestions would be grateful.

OD used to work well but dropped off alot, my relative has given her property back to the agency.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Hi

I am not directly in Tuscany but 10 miles from the Tuscan border. I have used OD, Holiday Rentals and Flipkey and they have provided a pretty good season. Websites are one thing but there is alot to be said for a good honest write up and photos that show property in a good light.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Thanks ianthy, I will tell her, I think she wants to try HR
JChrisP

Post by JChrisP »

If she wants better access to the American market she might try VRBO or Homeaway.
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

If she wants to target the americans then VRBO and Homeaway are a good bet if her destination is one that attracts lots of Americans in the first place. .
I personally will not renew with Homeaway as I got next to nothing with them compared to a much better response from My VRBO ad.
I put this down to the fact that for my village there are 4 villas on VRBO and 120 on Homeaway for the same village. My VRBO advert gets 3 times as many hits as the Homeaway one and about 7 times as many enquiries.
I think my advert on Homeaway is a bit lost in the mass and there are too many villas similar to mine so it is hard to stand out.
While in my area there are just a few villas on VRBO, it has to be said that VRBO gets lots of traffic. I am not saying that there has to be just a few choices for your area on a listing site for it to be a successful one.