TIME RESTRICTIONS FOR POOL USE

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Westie

TIME RESTRICTIONS FOR POOL USE

Post by Westie »

As a matter of interest, does anyone specify the times their pool or hot tub can be used? If so, do they make this clear to guests at time of booking, or do they just inform guests on their arrival.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think you should inform guests up front. I've had quite a few enquiries which have asked the question specifically as to if there any restrictions on pool use, which leads me to think they have stayed in other places where there were, and they weren't happy about it.
Westie

Post by Westie »

Thanks so much for your feedback La Vache. Ours is a hot tub, and for our own peace of mind we did impose a time restriction. However, its not something I make clear at time of booking (there is SO much I do though), and simply provided guidelines on arrival. Its hard to know how much to specify without making my business sound like some kind of correction centre or borstal! Also, if its been in use continually before cut off time, the heat goes and there's nothing I can do about it. Also, given that despite requests not to do so, the lid is left off, heat is wasted, and if its used late at night, we cant really be expected to sit around waiting to do the necessary. Its a hard one.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I do sympathise - I don't know how off site owners trust guests to put lids on hot tubs or covers on pools. It doesn't bother guests about the heat disappears overnight or the costs incurred to the owner as a result.
Maybe you could ensure it is in the terms and conditions? But probably worth a mention up front too - say that it is for technical reasons the hot tub usage is restricted to certain hours.
Westie

Post by Westie »

Thank you La Vache. I think I should put it in Terms and Conditions, certainly, just to be sure, as I would not wish to mislead. The only issue if anyone did leave the lid off would be that it might not heat up in time for use again, however if its used earlier in the day, there might be a chance for it to do so, but it cant be guaranteed. Getting the lid on is not particularly easy, and it might be hard for some people to do it. That's why we always try and keep an eye on it, and put the lid back on if no one is in it. This might not be possible late at night if we were not around or asleep.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm always here to put the pool cover on too, but don't like doing it too late. So I always say to guests when they arrive that if they want to swim after around 9pm; then they have to let me know and put the cover on after. In the case of the pool, most people are out by 8pm anyway, but I appreciate that a hot tub is more likely to be used later at night.
visitslovenija

Post by visitslovenija »

Our main problem is people using the hot tub for too long in one session. We've been told that kids especially, should not be in for longer than 20min - otherwise the temperature of their internal organs can get dangerously high. Are there EU rules for this anywhere I wonder?

We have notes and notices stating the 20min max, but nobody seems to pay any attention. And, as you say, we don't want to be too Draconian here, so how strict can you be?

They do seem to put the cover back on though!

Ralph
FretaF

Post by FretaF »

I think the best you can do is to state the dangers in writing to them and hope that they heed your advice especially in regards to kids. Or you could lower the temperature of your hot tub so it isn't too hot and dangerous. As far as putting the swimming pools and hot tub covers back on, you might want to post a sign that says to replace the cover after use. It may help.
Freta - Relaxing in the sun.