Seems strange

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
wilko

Seems strange

Post by wilko »

Hi
I would be obliged to hear your views on the following.
For the past 6 weeks we have been receiving 4-8 requests per day. For the past two have received none. I have received personal mail in my inbox. I have sent mail from a personal address to www mas pomona.com and receved the request form. I checked the A-Z Places traffic thingy and found unique visitors to be consistent with preceding 6 weeks.
However when I looked at A-Z yesterday evening it was showing 2 U/Vs, similarly at around 9 this morning. At 3.00pm this pm it showed 14 hits for yesterday. I have no idea if this is in anyway relevant to the no request scenario.
I'd be most grateful for any insights.
Rgds Wilko
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I've just put a message on your enquiry form to see if it reaches you. I wish it was a booking, the place looks stunning!
Maybe one day...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Wilko, this could be just what we're looking for later in the year.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Sometimes enquiries dry up for no reason, and then re-start. I would think that for a chambre d'hotes you are doing well to have so many enquiries early in the season, but then you have a fabulous product.

I have never been able to work out why enquiries dry up. Certainly sometimes it is due to school holidays (they dry up during the holidays and then pick up again after. It could also be that there was a magazine or newspaper article about the area, which is why the levels were high before.

I think you've done the right things in checking you e-mail. Good luck.

Ju
wilko

Seems strange

Post by wilko »

Thankyou for your comments. Perhaps I am becoming paranoid
Rgds
Wilko
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Me too, I'm in a bit of a lull at the moment, as the ski season is winding down, and the Summer bookings tend to come later than other regions(so I'm told). I have had a few enquiries for the Summer but mainly from French people wanting to pay with 'cheques vacances'. I think I need to work on the Summer page a bit more though, and take the snow pic off the front page for now.