how to get goin?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
keith

how to get goin?

Post by keith »

we are thinking of purchasing a static caravan in derbyshire, the 1 we have seen is in a beautiful riverside location with all the mod cons. asuming we go ahead and buy the property, where do we go next? as this is our very 1st time even considering this we have absolutely no idea wot to do, who to talk to, how much to charge. any advice would be extremely helpful and valuable to us, thank you.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Hi Keith,
Sounds lovely. I just went to Google.com and typed in "caravan and rent UK". That brought up quite a few listing sites specializing in static caravan rentals, so I would start by looking at those and seeing what the competition is doing, then email a few questions to the owners.

Good Luck!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Keith, often folk who rent caravans out up here put postcards in the post office/newsagents window near the caravan park. That may be worth looking at near the site. Also the site caretaker would probably have a good idea of the going rate. The caretaker on my sisters site knows absolutely everything that is going on! (On her site they aren't allowed to sub let)

Local newspapers run classified ads for caravans so you could glean info from there too.

Good Luck!

Oh, just thought. The only problem with caravans is they depreciate in value whereas property (nearly always!) increases. Some sites are very fussy and won't allow your van on after a certain time if it starts looking "shabby" (in their words) and almost force you to buy a new one off them or charge you a hefty supplement to bring a new one on from another company. Worth looking into their T&C's.