Visit Britain 4 star holiday accommodation or not......

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

They are on the official site I think.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

And they have TA reviews from a few years back with an apparent 5* grading. The reviews from a while ago sound very like my friends experience.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

HelenB wrote:And they have TA reviews from a few years back with an apparent 5* grading. The reviews from a while ago sound very like my friends experience.
So TA reviews maybe do serve a purpose - did your friends read the reviews before booking?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Lv, sadly I'm not sure in this case that she did. I found them myself this afternoon.
One review specifically mentions the owners obsession with showing them 'Henry' (the vacuum cleaner) and ensuring they knew they must clean and disinfect everything before they left, which is how I know it was the right place, as my friend mentioned it too.
The fact they had booked a luxury apartment and were then expected to clean it, when all around them was dust, cobwebs and hair in the plughole added to their discomfort and they left the following day.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

they left the following day
I hope they got their money back Helen.

My sister-in-law had a similar experience with a cottage on the North East coast. It was filthy when she turned up...agency denied any previous complaint, but she has a cleaning business so knows what's what.
She asked a member of the agency to come out asap and inspect (she wasn't going to stay there but had found a B&B in the area). They declined.
She eventually got her money back from them. They were also advertised as 4* but she didn't know how to follow through the complaint as the agency wouldn't help.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No unfortunately no refund yet.