Spam

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cc

Spam

Post by cc »

3 weeks ago I put our place with holiday lettings in the UK and Urlaub-Anbieter in Germany and ever since I get more than 20 bits of spam per day.
Anyone else had this happen?
Uber-Rob

Post by Uber-Rob »

Hi there,

I work for Holiday Lettings (thought I'd say that first :) ) and I'd like to re-assure you that we don't sell your address on to any other parties, nor do we publish your e-mail address anywhere on the website.

The latter is the more important point - if you ever write your e-mail address on a webpage then the spam spiders will find it and they will start sending you e-mails fairly soon after that. I checked Urlaub-Anbieter and they don't seem to be publishing your e-mail address either (although my german isn't great so I can't be sure).

Have you entered your e-mail address anywhere else?

-Rob.
cc

Post by cc »

Mail sent to the email address on our website is forwarded to my email address and is always maked to show that but this increase in spam is all sent directly to my email address.
I did ask a company for info on a new TV remote control and naturally gave them my email address for the reply so I guess it must be that then.