London Olympics rentals

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
baylor

London Olympics rentals

Post by baylor »

Hi all-

So apologies as this may be stepping on toes of those of you who have properties that you rent all the time in London.

We've booked to be at our house in France during the Olympics, preferring to take a break rather than celebrate with 10 million other folks. But our flat in town is on the Overground line to Stratford and also has very easy access to central London.

So basically I'd like to try and let our house out for that period while we're at our place in France... thereby offsetting any potential loss for us during the high season there!

When you do a google search all that comes up are the dross. Is anyone else thinking of doing the same or similar thing? Has anyone found any good agencies or listing sites--or begun to book things out yet? As it's our home, I'd prefer to get less money and let it to someone as a home-share or swap. But I'm suspecting that's not very easy to arrange.

Anyway... any insight would be helpful!

Cheers
Baylor
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

I am sure that a swap would be easy-peasy for you to arrange during that time!

Ask on here or just list on homeexchange.com or homeforexchange.com, to mention a few.
Blythe

Post by Blythe »

I think you could find some tourists who would love to rent your home out for the Olympics. You might be able to make a pretty penny. I am traveling from Chicago over to the UK for the Olympics and it sounds like you have a nice spot. Find a good agency and you shouldn't have much trouble finding tourists to rent it out.