Name That Font???

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
debk

Name That Font???

Post by debk »

Can someone please tell me what font this is?

I'm font-challenged!

Thanks much,
debk

Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

It's very similar to Papyrus. Not one to use on the Internet unless it is part of a graphical object.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It does look lovely though :)
debk

Post by debk »

Alan, indeed, I think that's it. I've downloaded a version already. I've no idea how much time you saved me... many hours, no doubt. THANK YOU.

Yes, Fraise, I think it's lovely, too. And it's a stunning villa. I'll be adding it to our site soon which is very exciting as I believe our guests will adore it... makes a perfect second-stop for people visiting beyond Lisbon. Fun.
debk
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Mmmm...when we get down to Portugal I think that could be on my list of places to stay!! Are you involved with the Portuguese versions of the Spanish Paradors? Someone wrote to me cos I used to use the Paradors a lot and they sent me the info for the Potuguese variety but I can't remember what the organisation was called.It is such a good use of old/historical/important buildings. I digress :oops:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

debk,
Alan, indeed, I think that's it. I've downloaded a version already. I've no idea how much time you saved me... many hours, no doubt. THANK YOU.
You're always more than welcome. Sharing and helping is the name of the game here.

As luck would have it I have a couple of hundred fonts on my system so it was only a matter of moments to go through the examples list and spot the one I thought was similar.

Do remember, on the Internet it will not be recognised by browsers; it will be rendered into something entirely different which will completely destroy what you had in mind. If you do use the font use it is was used in the example you posted, as part of a graphical image then it will be fine.

Alan
debk

Post by debk »

Hi, Fraise - Yes, it's a lovely place. Check it out at www.Alfanges.com . The owner is a true dear. She doesn't want to handle the bookings, etc, herself... just wants to meet/greet/enjoy the guests. (She designed/built/redid the place herself and is anxious to see people enjoy it to its fullest. The website doesn't begin to capture the serenity of the area.)

The Portuguese Paradors are called Pousadas.

Alan, got it: graphics only. Will do!
debk
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

....gulp....I've checked it out!Wow!! It's not going to be cheap!!! It looks lovely but presumably you need to be quite a big party, 2 people would rattle around a bit :roll:
debk

Post by debk »

Now, now. €300 a night isn't too bad... especially if you spread it across 4 or 5 adults.

And it's much more attractive -- homey even -- in person. A family of four (or two couples) wouldn't rattle at all.

We'll leave the light on for you! :wink:
debk
Martha

Post by Martha »

If you ever can't identify a font, this is a very useful site

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

WhatTheFont is a program that looks at a graphical image and guesses (often accurately) what it is.