need a booking - agent recommendations?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Paul01

need a booking - agent recommendations?

Post by Paul01 »

Hello,

Was wondering whether anyone can help us, we have just recently opened our B&B in Morbihan, Brittany and desparetly need bookings, could someone recommend an advertising company which works on a commission basis only.

Hope someone can help. Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Many thanks.
Paul
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Paul,
I'm not a B&B owner myself, but on the Living France forum it seems that owners get the majority of their bookings from being a member of the Gites de France organisation
http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums ... wPost.aspx
Are you already a member or have you considered it? Arnold (Mascamps) posts here and has a free website ourinns.org.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

You could try e-bay as an alternative for an imminent date. Whilst you may or may not get a bid, we find we get lots of people looking and a good few hits on our website - you seem to be able to get away with putting a link in although I think that it is strictly against their rules.

So, if nothing else, it is cheap publicity. We also find that somebody comes at a bargain price and comes back at full price later.

Morbihan is where the water rushes in and out at some amazing speed isn't it? I seem to remember having to time the tide when sailing there many years ago.

John
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Hello Paul
i ask the same question on another forum but the only reply i got was the following company, however i contacted them, they charge 10% but so far have not taken it further

http://www.bed-breakfast-france.com/

Dont get to disappointed as booking for B&B dont tend to come in until about 4 to 6 weeks befor ethe start date
Nessie
Paul01

Post by Paul01 »

Thanks Susan, John and Nessie for your replies, I'm going to try the one you mentioned Nessie, if anyone else can recommend any others we would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks.
Paul
Teresa

Post by Teresa »

Hi Paul
I'm listed with Franceforyou.com and they do it on a 10% basis, I have gites however but when looking into my paperwork for you, I came across "B&B Accommodation - list your B&B free" so worth looking into. I've had bookings from them last year. 2 others which operate on a % basis are secondcasa.com (8%) and maisoneurope.com (11%) but I don't know if they do a B&B category and I've had no bookings from either.
Hope that helps and good luck.
Teresa
My epitaph will read: well at least she tried.
Paul01

Post by Paul01 »

Thank you very much Teresa for your reply, we're trying hard not to let panic set in, I'll give those a look at anyway.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Paul
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

I had a 6 months free trail with maisoneurope.com but did not get one enquiry, they are now asking for payment I think they now charge a yearly rate , but i have just looked at the website and they still offer the 6 months free trail
Nessie
brenda

Post by brenda »

Hi - Greetings from Southern Spain

We advertise our B+B on 2 good/well priced sites - www.greatbedandbreakfast and www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Can highly recommend both for number of responses and number of bookings actually achieved from these enquiries.

Also advertise on www.daltonsholidays.com but no response at all since we joined 3 months ago so will not be renewing ad.
Paul01

Post by Paul01 »

Thanks Brenda for your reply.
Kind regards
Paul
marcus

Post by marcus »

You could also try Arnold/Mascamps ourinns.org site that I believe has some success for people (it's free)
Teresa

B&B possiblility

Post by Teresa »

I've just had a new company contact me offering a listing for a one off £50 fee, they're just starting out and that's for their first 100 customers - maybe worth looking into: www.French-bed-and-breakfast.co.uk Hope things are looking up, we're very quiet ourselves here.
Teresa
My epitaph will read: well at least she tried.
Paul01

Post by Paul01 »

Thank you for your replies.

Kind regards
Paul