Homemade Produce

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1091 ... ginger-jam

This is the one I used and it's lovely. I've also made vic plum and pear and lemon with a hint of ginger. Next door has a load of bramley apples and I was going blackberrying this weekend but it looks like I might have left it too late for them. :( [/quote]
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Darko Kontin wrote:Every product is labeled with our contact information so everyone can see it when it is used.
Can you tell me what sort of labelling you use and how you produce it?

I definitely think I can run with this idea. Spend some time making things that I find relaxing but allow my guests to enjoy the fruits! Not being on site I can't do the homemade cakes etc but this seems like the next best thing. :)
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

The grossiste guy I saw can do labels for the lids or the pots, and they would be a good option - they do runs of 1000, but within that you can have 200 of one, 100 of another etc. They can also put on ingredients and all that jazz which would clearly be a whole lot more professional than my current set up.

They can also use a photo or logo, but they can't retouch the pictures at all.

I am just printing out colour labels on my home printer, but they run if they get wet, so not brilliant
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

wallypott wrote:I am just printing out colour labels on my home printer, but they run if they get wet, so not brilliant
Yes that is the problem. I have some pretty printed labels that I hand write but again the ink runs. Too expensive to buy if doing large quantities though. Have you just designed your own, or got a piece of software/something on the internet? Just wondering if I can pinch an easy option from someone!
enid

Post by enid »

There's an English guy who has a regular market stall round here selling jams, chutneys ,cakes etc. I don't buy them as I make my own but his stall always looks good.

I always put jam in the gites for guests - I save glass yoghurt pots and put 3 flavours of jam in each time.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Well the vide grenier was a total washout. Guys you did not pray hard enough! We left at 11 after 4 hours of non-stop rain - and this was not showers!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

wallypott wrote:Well the vide grenier was a total washout. Guys you did not pray hard enough! We left at 11 after 4 hours of non-stop rain - and this was not showers!
Oh no, you poor thing! We haven't had much rain here yet, although I think it is on the way. It is also so c-o-l-d. I'm tempted to light the fire.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Freezing oop north this morning too. Not too bad when the sun's out, but we keep getting short sharp showers of a torrential nature, which isn't getting the washing dried or the gadening sorted. I was hoping to pick the rest of the apples, take some lavendar cuttings etc.
pete

Post by pete »

thats depressing, its not raining here but it is cool, it did take at least 3 years to build up the local sales so I would just say keep your costs as low as poss and keep at it,

I also dont price them too high as its advertising as well,

but am sorry about the rain,
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

I think it must be my fault as I am a non believer so my prayers were only half hearted even though I did get on my knees. (anyone got a hoist)? :D
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Sorry about that, but there's always next time (you just need the time, energy etc etc!) Rained here in the south too, some really torrential downpours, but luckily not non stop - as I was out for a walk and had to take cover for a bit.... :)