When should I start marketing

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Foxandsot

When should I start marketing

Post by Foxandsot »

Hi

I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone had any advice for me.

We are currently in process of buying a villa in cyprus and it is due for completion in December 06 (althought he site engineer told me it may be finished sooner...I won't hold my breath :lol: )

Anyway, I want to get a website up and running and also advertise on some holiday rental websites but I only have artist impression photos as well as some of the villa in it's current state. We are travelling over at Christmas to get keys etc. I will be able to take internal photos then but the outside area will still be in it's unlandscaped state!! Should I wait until I have photos of the outside to start marketing it or go ahead without the pool photos?

Thanks

Michelle
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

My view would be to get it up and running asap, stressing how your customers will have the benefit of a brand new property.

John
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

When I started advertising my house the inside was furnished so I had some photo's of that and although the pool was finished, the garden was being landscaped so my photo's just showed levelled brown earth but I included them all the same.

I advertised after Christmas and I did get some bookings immediately for the summer and I made it clear that the garden would be finished by the time they visited. I actually kept the guests updated by emailing them new photo's when I'd been out there. They really appreciated that and said it added to their excitement.

Bear in mind when advertising and accepting bookings that things often do take longer than you think especially with new properties.
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

The benefit of starting early is that your website will be better placed in directories and search engines by end 2006. Once established, updated text is quickly added to the search engine indexes.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com