Not happening or hopeful?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Hanorah

Not happening or hopeful?

Post by Hanorah »

I applied for Sawdays after reading several threads on this site. It was so long ago I had forgot about it. I received this reply today (see below). Are they politely saying "not interested" or will they do as they say and contact me later? I know a few of you have applied and been accepted so just interested to see what you think.

Many thanks for your application. The next edition of our Turkey guide will come out in July 2007.

I will keep your details on file and get in touch when we start work on the next edition.

Thank you again for your interest in our guide.
Always Learning
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

They MAY contact you again, but don't sit back and wait - be proactive!!! Phone them and ask them when they are planning to start work - and then call them again at the time to make sure that you are not missed off.

My experience was that I had to keep on phoning them and badgering them about coming to view our property. I had cottoned on to the fact that they feel that the people running the properties are as important as the properties, so I made a point of building up a rapport with the editor, emphasising to her how much I was a fan of Sawdays and how much it would mean to me to be included, blah blah blah. In the end, the inspector came out to us just a week or so before their deadline - I think in the end they were just fed up with me ringing them all the time!

But it was well worth the effort, as we have had so many bookings as a result of being in their guide, definitely the best value for money advertising in my experience.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I contacted them last year and they said they would send me the application pack in Spring. I contacted them again this week having heard nothing and they said they had been mistaken and would send out the pack in Autumn for the 2007 book. So don't worry!