Large holiday house in Suffolk

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Jenny C

Large holiday house in Suffolk

Post by Jenny C »

A friend of mine wants to book a large holiday house in Suffolk, preferably on the South Suffolk coast, from 27-29 January next year. Does anyone know of any suitable properties? It needs to sleep at least 14, including several children. She wants something of extremely good quality, preferably five star.

I have various websites to look through which offer large holiday homes, but thought it would be worth asking here as LMH members obviously appreciate quality and might be aware of a property which doesn't immediately show up on the search engines.

Thank you!
Nuthatch

Post by Nuthatch »

A friend of mine booked Bruisyard Hall this summer for her 50th and we stayed for a couple of nights. It sleeps about 20 and was great for a big family do. On the downside it doesn't have many bathrooms (I think there are about 5, but 2 or 3 are en-suite) and is slightly shabby (rather than shabby-chic) but on the plus side it was great for the kids - they could run around and explore without worrying about any damage or breakages. It's not 5-star, but it's in a great location and has great outside space, and the housekeeper service was excellent.