I haven't run into this before, have you?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
linda que linda

I haven't run into this before, have you?

Post by linda que linda »

Having not quite completed our first year in business in a difficult market, I am excited when a request comes in. This one from TA/Flipkey:

Travel Dates: November 22, 2011 - December 01, 2011
Travelers: 2
Guest Name: ****

9 days, great! I respond with the usual: thanks for your inquiry, the beach is lovely this time of year, are you familiar with the area, feel free to write or call with any questions, etc.

The response a day later from the inquirer:
"Hi! What airlines are nearby? I have to book flights."

:roll: :?:
Ju

Post by Ju »

Doesn't seem that strange to me. They are trying to book a holiday, you asked them if they had any questions to ask. They asked.

Many people are used to booking a package and you have to give them a bit of a helping hand.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It's the chicken and the egg isn't it? Which comes first? Find a property you like and then see exactly where it is and how to get there OR decide destination, find flights/prices etc and then see what sort of place you can find to stay in the area!

Both ways can work but it seems fine to make such an enquiry to me.
lorca

Post by lorca »

seems fine to me - most of our guests check our availability before booking their flights
If not now, when?
linda que linda

Thanks for your feedback. I have never had a reservation request where the enquirer seemed not to know where they were going, but apparently it is not uncommon. I'm glad I asked.
I did respond with information on the airport and various airlines and it could be a promotional opportunity to send some web links with info on the area. Do you think that would be intrusive?
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I have four links at the end of my initial emails, with stuff to do in the area etc, and 2 links in the email, and I have definitely had a better conversion rate since I started doing that.
linda que linda

Good idea, Wallypott, I'll try that. BTW, I just had a look at your blog; it is wonderful and certainly makes me want to have a holiday there!
revdev

Post by revdev »

linda que linda wrote:Good idea, Wallypott, I'll try that. BTW, I just had a look at your blog; it is wonderful and certainly makes me want to have a holiday there!
+1, nice idea WP!
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk