Crazy Egg

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
bananacake

Crazy Egg

Post by bananacake »

Hi Folks,

i thought to share something with you that i think would really help you with optimizing your page.

it visually shows you HOW your visitors are viewing your page by providing you with a heat map, scroll map and more... Its pretty cool! :)

You can check it here http://www.crazyegg.com/overview
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Is there a way to try it without buying it?
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

It's $9 a month which is very reasonable Most heat maps charge a lot more You may wish to only use it for a few months to see trends on your site
mitchellbryson

Post by mitchellbryson »

I tried it out a few years ago when they were a new company - it's nice but I think it's just a nice to have. Google Analytics provides much of the same data, just not in a nice heatmap form - and GA is free.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

I used web-stat dot net for a month - they have a free 30-day trial - and found it very useful in tracking visitors to my site.

Ultimately, I don't need it long-term. I pulled enough statistical info in that time to help me tweak my site. And I love the live map!!
Lounging on the lily pad...
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Maybe it's just me but I'm struggling with how software can show me a heatmap of "HOW your visitors are viewing your page" without using eye tracking equipment... ???
mitchellbryson

Post by mitchellbryson »

it's mouse movement and click tracking, so it's not exactly where their eyes fall, but it's close.