Partying

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Aldo

Partying

Post by Aldo »

Most of us want to avoid our accommodation being used as a party venue but how does one word that in the property's terms and conditions in proper legal terms? Any ideas?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Being in Ibiza I'm conscious that some guests might look up on the villa as a party place so I mention in all my advertisements that the villa is not suitable for parties, loud music or raucous gatherings.

In my T&Cs I say: The client agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to the residents in neighbouring properties

I didn't mention parties because 8 people playing loud music and shouting/singing can sound like a party to my neighbours, so choose 'disturbance' as a catch all word.

They probably wouldn''t stand up to legal inspection but here we have a law prefenting any outside noise, disturbance or music being played and if it's ignored we can call the police so it really doesn't matter to me what my T&Cs say as I make all guests aware of the law.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Thank you Mouse. In our case, I would prefer something more specific to inviting people over. Our places cater for just one couple and although we would not object to them inviting another two to dinner, the minute there are more than 4 people in the place, it's a crowd and the wear and tear level would increase considerably. Can anyone help with the sort of thing I should include in the conditions related to this point? Cheers.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

How about insurance requirements? That is, use your insurance as a reason for suggesting that no more than four can be accommodated whether as overnight guests or as day visitors.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I have:

The Chalet is not an event venue and large parties (over 10 additional guests including children) are not allowed without our express written permission
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix