Adding Tradedoubler to site

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Cat7139

Adding Tradedoubler to site

Post by Cat7139 »

I have just been attempting to add some tradedoubler banners for various sites to my Dreamweaver site but the copy and paste instruction doesn't work. All I see is the tradedoubler code in both code and design mode and no banner/link.

Their help menu explains that 3rd party users such as Dreamweaver and Frontpage are not supported and hand coding may be necessary.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to add the code without using copy and paste? I'm not a codie so I can't understand what element I have to change.

Thank you.
Catherine
www.pictureburgundy.com
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

put your cursor on the place you want the ad to appear in WYSIWYG.

Switch to code view and paste the trade doubler code where the cursor appears.

You need to upload the page to see the results.

It works !

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Peter,
It works !
It may "work" but does Tradedoubler double your trade or is just another trendy add-on?

Alan
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I think you need 10+m visitors per year to be confident of retiring on the income from Trade Doubler !

Check out the previous postings on this subject !

Peter
The Languedoc Page
Cat7139

Post by Cat7139 »

Thanks Peter,

I hadn't realised I had to upload to view properly. I've now copied and just have to position them.

No I don't think I will earn much but every little helps!

Regards,
Catherine

www.pictureburgundy.com
mvus

Post by mvus »

I read the blurb on the website and still can't work out what they do or offer. Maybe I'm being thick?
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

to put this into perspective, Since 1st January, I've had 133,000 ad impressions (views) of the ads and earned USD 11.23.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
Garri

Post by Garri »

pja, no you're not being thick, it's deliberately written badly, and badly organised info too.

Banner ads aren't seen as being as effective as text ads and I always feels site owners compromise their site's design to accommodate ads that don't amount to a hill of beans.
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

mpprh wrote:Hi

to put this into perspective, Since 1st January, I've had 133,000 ad impressions (views) of the ads and earned USD 11.23.

Peter
Must agree with Peter you are not going to have much luck by just placing a banner on your site.

Obviously the first thing to do is make sure that the ads are related to your site - travel, insurance, car hire.

One of the ways I've used these type of ads is to either write a helpful piece and feature the links, for example, tips on choosing holiday insurance has a link or two to a company.

The other way is to write a review of the website concerned, this will not only make it clear if the company's site is any good, but adds a little something different.

But I'm still not sitting by the pool sipping a glass of the red stuff all day!

All the best

Craig
pinkeyemedia

Post by pinkeyemedia »

thisfrenchlife wrote: Obviously the first thing to do is make sure that the ads are related to your site - travel, insurance, car hire.
I couln't agree more, it just has to be in context otherwise people wont even think twice. A good idea is to have a look at your stats and see where most visitors leave your site, then some banners on that page. Also make sure that you have set it up to open in a new window. The last thing you want is somebody clicking on your homepage, then clicking on a banner straight away, then not returning to your site!! eek! :cry: