Tandoori-eating fox still causing a problem.

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Mountain Goat

Tandoori-eating fox still causing a problem.

Post by Mountain Goat »

Last summer, while actually using our Swiss pad, we were charmed by a local fox who turned up each night on our balcony and sat patiently by the glass door staring in at us eating.

Idiotically we gave it some tandoori chicken scraps the first night, and then again the next, and then we realised we had a problem.

(Our dog was usually snoring peacefully, and we didn't bother to tell him what was happening).

Fox had a hard time during the winter, scattering our black plastic rubbish bags over the snow while searching for food, and the contents are now starting to appear after the thaw.

Anyway, the problem is that he still turns up, and leaves us a thoughtful, if unpleasant, little present on each visit, on the door mat. Not quite sure what this means.

Besides reaching for the neighbour's rifle (he still does his military service each year) anyone got any humane advice to get rid of what has become a pest? And do foxes drag babies out of prams still? I'm concerned about some punters arriving soon with a baby, who might not be quite so thrilled.

Goat
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

We have a lot of problems with foxes here in London. I have been told that putting human hair in a pair of tights and hanging them from bushes is supposed to keep them away (not too sure if your guests would appreciate it though :lol: ). Alternatively, I believe there is some sort of plug in thing that deters them, although i'm not sure if it would affect your dog. Failing that, put all bin bags in rubbish bin and don't offer it anymore food and maybe it will move on.

HTH

Michelle
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

I've just bought anti-dog and cat granules to stop our cats digging in my raised vegetable beds (always particularly desirable immediately after sowing). Put some on last weekend and apart from two footprints all is pristine. They are meant to last some weeks and get wildlife used to avoiding the area because of the funny smell. Worth a try.

John