Review Our Website?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
blue ridge for rent

Review Our Website?

Post by blue ridge for rent »

New to Lay My Hat, but excited to chat with like-minded Vacation Rental Owners/Managers. We would appreciate any constructuve feedback about our site's look, functionality, photos, etc. We understand online bookings is key, but it just doesn't work with our business model. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

http://www.blueridgeforrent.com

Thanks!

A.K.
Blue Ridge For Rent Team[/url]
http://www.blueridgeforrent.com
100 NC Cabins for all budgets
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Not on the fastest connection here in rural France, but normally good enough and your site won't load me for.

Jan
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi,

Your site wouldn't load for me earlier (in Southern Portugal) either...but now does!

Have just had a quick look and here's my experience:

I decided to find a place for my husband and I. Couldn't see anywhere on home page to search so I clicked on "view all our rentals"

Saw there were many pages of rentals but don't have patience to scroll through them all looking for a two person option.

Spotted the Honeymoon Cabin. So clicked on that. Looks fab though I suspect the photos don't do it justice...they are slightly out of focus or over pixellated or something?

Then went back and noticed your Search by Amenities box.

Typed into the search box "for 2" "or less".

....this is the answer I got

There are no listings that match your search criteria.

You Searched For: Sleeps 2 OR LESS

..... which seems strange as the Honeymoon Cabin is for 2?

No time to see more at the moment but hope this feedback is useful.
Steve Sas

Post by Steve Sas »

Wow, looks like you have some amazing properties. I think your site has some good points, but will let you know what I think could be improved. I think your photos (especially since your properties are so nice) should be MUCH bigger. Yes, you can click on the thumbnails to enlarge, but it's kind of clunky and takes too much time and I feel like I want to see them all at once. I do think the photo quality itself are mostly very good, just needs to be easier to see.

I would sell the Benefits and Photos of the property on TOP to get them sold on it, then have all the details below. Also pricing seems pretty complex. Can you simplify? For example I often see 15 lines of rates when 4 rows together all have the same exact rates. So why have 4 lines when you could make it one?

Lastly, the site seems kind of dated from a pure look and feel perspective, and a fresher look could better showcase your great properties.

Curious what you meant by "We understand online bookings is key, but it just doesn't work with our business model". How do people rent them then? Over the phone or what did you mean?

I hope you know I'm trying to be honest and helpful even though I wouldn't be this critical if you didn't ask.

Thanks and good luck!