Dr Allen Green of Mumbai?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
memes

Dr Allen Green of Mumbai?

Post by memes »

Does this sound as dodgy to you as me - this is an email correspondance I am currently having with a Dr Green from Zion Hospital, Mubai - apparantly ...
I have said that I don't like the sound of the arrangement - who are the delegates, which car company etc and that I would need at least 2 weeks for the cheque to clear.

Hello Marina,
I recieved your information and i quite appreciate your efforts in making this transaction a success.I will like to inform you as well that we are getting a direct sponsorship abroad and will like everything regarding payment to be settled before we come over from the research.
Payment will come to you in form of a certified British Pounds Cheque in the amount we have concluded and as soon as you get the cheque,you will deposit in your account to get a clearance on the cheque to have the cash.
However,we have arranged with a car hire company that will supply the delegates with cars as well.So as soon as we conclude on the price,the total amount including the car hire will be sent to you since we cannot send the money from here and as well the car hire had demanded for funds via a credit card,but money is going to be sent via cheque payment.
Our sponsors will send you a cheque for the total amount and as soon as you get cleared funds,you will pay off the car hire and take away the remaining amount.I hope you are clear with my information.
Get back to me with a confirmation so that i will give you the payment information.
Thanks for your assistance.
Green.

Marina Webster <marinawebster@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi the Casa Grande is available June 10 until July 1. June 10 week is £900 per week, June 17 week is £900 pw June 24 week is £1500 pw. Total £3300
The Casa Piccola is available June 10 and June 17 weeks only - both weeks are £700 pw. total £1400 plus £1500 if you want to take the final week in the Casa Grande. In addition we require a £300 deposit against damages.

Where do the delegates need to get to? There is no public transport near the house and a car is essential. For more details please see our website www.marche-italy-villas.com - please note the prices quoted above are correct and the ones on our website slighly higher - I have just reduced June prices.

We would require full payment now by cheque or IBAN transfer. Please note if your sponsors issue cheques for more than the total amount we are not able to release any balance until after your holiday.
Please let me know if you wish to go ahead.

Marina W

----- Original Message ----
From: Dr Allan Green <info.reservationinquiry@yahoo.co.in>
To: Marina Webster <marinawebster@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, 12 May, 2006 3:45:38 PM
Subject: Update.

Can you make the apartment available for 10th june - 1st july?Maybe we can arrange it that way.I will like to get the info asap so that i will inform our sponsors to get ready to issue out the cheque payment.
I will like to have the cost for any time duration you can offer ok.
Green.

Marina Webster <marinawebster@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I am sorry we have no availabilty until June 10th. June 10 to 20 is possible. Do let me know if that is any good to you.

Marina W

----- Original Message ----
To: marinawebster@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Friday, 12 May, 2006 12:53:36 PM
Subject: Re - Your holiday property

CASAHOLIDAYS EMAIL BOOKING RESPONSE

Mr Allan Green from ,
Is interested in booking your accommodation. They would like further information - prices - and availability regarding your property
Casaholidays ref:2755

They would like to stay for 0 week/s - 0 day/s any time
from to .

Mr Allan Green also wrote:

Hello, I am Dr. Allan Green of haryana Corperation India. I want to book reservation for a research orgainsed by a group of medical experts ,that will commence on the 30th of may 2006 and end on the 20th of june 2006.Please get back to me with your rates and the total cost for 4 delegates who will stay for the duration of 21 days .If these dates are free and if you can accomodate us kindly send me a response so that i will book.I expect your urgent response. Kind Regards. Dr Allan Green, Assistant medical Director of Zion hospital, THE OBEROI TOWERS 5TH NARIMAN POINT MUMBAI INDIA. XXX
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Absolutely!

When we had one of these I strung him along. I let him send his cheque to a false address and every time he mailed to see if it had arrived, I just said I hadn't received it. Eventually I said "sorry we haven't received your cheque, I'm afraid I'll have to take an alternative booking". Childish I suppose, but I felt better for wasting his time.
memes

Post by memes »

Tee. I know - its awful isn't it - I'm quite enjoying stringing him along with more complicated questions about which hire car co etc. Sad that some people might actually fall for it though. Its the kisses at the end of the 1st letter which made me laugh.
I suppose that some people must still lose out or they would not still be trying. Interesting that its India not Nigeria this time. I think the Zion hospital in Mumbai does exist though have only found a couple of references to it on the net.

Maybe he's for real but I v much doubt it ! Will let you know if I hear back..

M